• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which would you choose?

yang88she

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,834
I don't plan on watercooling or do any extreme overclocking.

But I have a local deal to get either a q6600 or a qx9650 for my current p35 rig. I'm out of the getting the latest and greatest...just need some more processing power for my video compressing and multi-tasking

q6600 for $70 or spend another $100 for the qx9650 @ $175? not sure if I can really push the qx to hit 4.0 ghz....but I'm leaning toward the qx for that price

TIA [H]!
 
If you don't mind spending $175, I'd get the qx. The q6600 for $70 is a good price though.
 
they are both a great price... but keep in mind some of the later q6600 would not hit even 3.2GHz...

however that qx9650 will clock to the moon with the right cooling :D

and as for hitting 4.0GHz on a qx9650... yep, should be a walk in the park... I did 4.25GHz on a q9550 so the qx should be a breeze
 
i'm leaning toward the qx....just trying to see which one would be the best path as I'm still searching for a 3rd Dell 3007 =P and I'm sure the qx would help a lot for any cpu bottle neck
 
i'm leaning toward the qx....just trying to see which one would be the best path as I'm still searching for a 3rd Dell 3007 =P and I'm sure the qx would help a lot for any cpu bottle neck

well it hits higher clocks, higher FSB and more l2 cache
 
I have personally owned both CPUs, at that price either one is a great value. How often do you upgrade? If not often, go with the QX. If you do, then perhaps get that Q6600 to tide you over.
 
I used to upgrade all the time...wife and kid later...bye bye i7

think I will go w/ qx =D
 
I don't plan on watercooling or do any extreme overclocking.

But I have a local deal to get either a q6600 or a qx9650 for my current p35 rig. I'm out of the getting the latest and greatest...just need some more processing power for my video compressing and multi-tasking

q6600 for $70 or spend another $100 for the qx9650 @ $175? not sure if I can really push the qx to hit 4.0 ghz....but I'm leaning toward the qx for that price

TIA [H]!
q6600 s the best on the cheapest ones:d
-----------
Dedicated .NET Developers
 
If I were you, I'd get QX9650 since it's slightly faster than Q6600 per clock, it's already clocked at 3GHz and, of course, it's also a better overclocker. What is more, word "Extreme" sounds really cool! :D
 
Q6600. Put that extra $105 into a video card, more ram, another TB or two of disk, an SSD...
 
Back
Top