Which would you choose?

yang88she

2[H]4U
I don't plan on watercooling or do any extreme overclocking.

But I have a local deal to get either a q6600 or a qx9650 for my current p35 rig. I'm out of the getting the latest and greatest...just need some more processing power for my video compressing and multi-tasking

q6600 for $70 or spend another $100 for the qx9650 @ $175? not sure if I can really push the qx to hit 4.0 ghz....but I'm leaning toward the qx for that price

TIA [H]!

If you don't mind spending $175, I'd get the qx. The q6600 for $70 is a good price though.

they are both a great price... but keep in mind some of the later q6600 would not hit even 3.2GHz...

however that qx9650 will clock to the moon with the right cooling :D

and as for hitting 4.0GHz on a qx9650... yep, should be a walk in the park... I did 4.25GHz on a q9550 so the qx should be a breeze

i'm leaning toward the qx....just trying to see which one would be the best path as I'm still searching for a 3rd Dell 3007 =P and I'm sure the qx would help a lot for any cpu bottle neck

i'm leaning toward the qx....just trying to see which one would be the best path as I'm still searching for a 3rd Dell 3007 =P and I'm sure the qx would help a lot for any cpu bottle neck

well it hits higher clocks, higher FSB and more l2 cache

I have personally owned both CPUs, at that price either one is a great value. How often do you upgrade? If not often, go with the QX. If you do, then perhaps get that Q6600 to tide you over.

I used to upgrade all the time...wife and kid later...bye bye i7

think I will go w/ qx =D

I don't plan on watercooling or do any extreme overclocking.

But I have a local deal to get either a q6600 or a qx9650 for my current p35 rig. I'm out of the getting the latest and greatest...just need some more processing power for my video compressing and multi-tasking

q6600 for $70 or spend another $100 for the qx9650 @ $175? not sure if I can really push the qx to hit 4.0 ghz....but I'm leaning toward the qx for that price

TIA [H]!
q6600 s the best on the cheapest ones:d
-----------
Dedicated .NET Developers

If I were you, I'd get QX9650 since it's slightly faster than Q6600 per clock, it's already clocked at 3GHz and, of course, it's also a better overclocker. What is more, word "Extreme" sounds really cool! :D

Q6600. Put that extra $105 into a video card, more ram, another TB or two of disk, an SSD...

Back