which would you choose? ($200 2nd hand monitor)

They both kinda suck.

That Acer is better rated for games at 144 Hz, and if your laptop doesn't use Optimus it can drive the GSYNC feature.

But it's larger and lower resolution, which might bother you for desktop use. VA from 2016 might suffer from highly variable input lag.

The Dell is better rated for color quality and should haeve more consisent response as it's IPS, but its locked at 60 Hz, which may suck for games, and most users complain of massive IPS glow and back light bleed. The HDR mode is also broken.

Last edited:
my laptop doesnt use optimus so that means ill be ok with a gsync monitor?

is there a better monitor u would reccomend at around $200

Last edited:
my laptop doesnt use optimus so that means ill be ok with a gsync monitor?

is there a better monitor u would recommend at around $200

You can't afford a new Gsync monitor for less than $400, but you can afford a new just normal 144hz monitor. At 1080p, your laptop will have a good chance of driving that sort of speeds. And 1080p looks a whole lot better in 24" than 27".

https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920...D=51vaAMnyuSL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Asus TN gaming monitors are cheap and fast, and are excellent for gaming and viewing web content, and are okay for video playback. The TN panel means you don't have to deal with IPS glow, if you normall do your gaming in na darker room.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You can't afford a new Gsync monitor for less than $400, but you can afford a new just normal 144hz monitor. At 1080p, your laptop will have a good chance of driving that sort of speeds. And 1080p looks a whole lot better in 24" than 27".

https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920...D=51vaAMnyuSL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Asus TN gaming monitors are cheap and fast, and are excellent for gaming and viewing web content, and are okay for video playback. The TN panel means you don't have to deal with IPS glow, if you normall do your gaming in na darker room.

what about this monitor I found one bnib never used for $250

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey thanks for swinging me away from swing me away from those other two monitors I ended up getting the Dell for 250 and it's absolutely gorgeous

yea not to boast but i got super lucky.. bnib with 1015 days left on advanced exchange warranty never registered bought a few weeks ago.. a mother was punishing her son..

Back