Which would you buy?

Ryan711

[H]ard|Gawd
I was about to order a macbook from the apple store(the white 2.16) and realized that they charged tax. F&#$ that, so I went to amazon and discovered something unique.

They have the previous gen macbooks and the new ones. Now heres the kicker on the previous generation middle model that has 2.0, 1GB, 80GB, etc is 1149 with a 75MIR, but they also have the new generation macbooks, the lowest model is 2.0, 1GB, 80GB, and it is 1095 with a $100MIR.

The only difference between the two is the new gen has 802.11n and the previous gen has a dvd burner(the new one that i'm looking at only has a dvd/cd-rw.)

I have a dvd burner on my main pc, and honestly I don't use it that much. But I do use it when I need it. So which would you guys go for: the one thats 1095 with no dvd-rw or the one that is 1149 with a dvd-rw but no 802.11n?

from what you say you should go for the cheaper one.

AFAIK the newer one also comes with 1gb of RAM standard. And, the 'older' one that doesn't have 802.11n also doesn't have a Core 2 Duo processor, just Core Duo.

So definitely go for the newer one.

well they both have the core2duo, when I say previous gen, I really mean the ones before the "refresh". But I think i'm gonna go with the cheaper one

Back