Which would give me the biggest upgrade?

MrHuk

Limp Gawd
So money is a bit short this month, I was expecting to upgrade both my RAM and my CPU but it might be possible for only one upgrade right now, so the question is, what to get? I can either go from 1GB(not duel channel or anything fancy) to 2x1GB kit duel channel or I can go from an AMD 64 3500+ to an AMD X2 Duel Core 4600+. I mostly play World Of Warcraft and Fear, Fear actually runs great at 1600x but my problem is with WoW mostly, I get very low FPS in certain areas so I'd like the new upgrade to eliminate that if possible :)

I'll probably be ordering some time today so speedy answers would be awesome.

Thanks.

for WoW the ram would help more i'm guessing. I have an athlon64 3200+ and 2 gigs of ram and my wow runs really smooth.

Ignore this thread please, "Father Christmas" has come through for me and I'll be able to afford both. 3 cheers for the jolly fat man :)

Glad to hear you'll be able to grab both :D

But for anyone else who reads this with a relatively similar question, 2gb is an excellent upgrade, especially for WoW. I get absolutely no lag in it with 2gb + A64 3500+.

For the RAM, it's not necessary to buy a brand new kit, you just need a second stick to run in dual-channel. The only thing you need to make sure of is that if you have a single-sided stick you get a second single-sided stick, and if it's a double-sided stick you'll need a second double-sided stick.

Back