• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which would be faster (Warning old hardware)

Who cares, you can't play anything but spider solitare with either of them so which one is faster is a moot point.
 
Soul.Survivor said:
Who cares, you can't play anything but spider solitare with either of them so which one is faster is a moot point.

Thank you for the useless post...
 
You're welcome, any time. How about specifying what you plan on doing with the cards instead of asking a completely vague question like which one is faster. That way someone could make an educated guess on which one would be better suited to your needs.

But to answer your question I googled the two cards and I came up with the nvidia being a little faster but not by enough to make any difference unless you're running windows 95 and playing quake I, and even then the difference will be negligible.
 
Soul.Survivor said:
...
But to answer your question I googled the two cards and I came up with the nvidia being a little faster but not by enough to make any difference unless you're running windows 95 and playing quake I, and even then the difference will be negligible.

Thank you...
 
Brent_Justice said:
The Riva 128 is faster in 3D, but the Rage Pro Turbo looks better in 2D.

I'm going with the ATi, it runs 1280x1024 @ 32bit where the Nvidia could only do 16bit.
 
now that u got some answers, why did you ask? Curious!! :D
 
Pkirk618 said:
now that u got some answers, why did you ask? Curious!! :D

I'm building a computer from some scraps and I couldn't remember which of the two video cards I had was better/faster. The system ended up with these specs...

Tyan 440BX
2x Pentium III 500@560 (Katmai)
512mb PC100@112
Adaptec Ultra2 SCSI
IBM 18gb 10krpm 80mbit
ATi Rage Pro 4mb
 
Soul.Survivor said:
You're welcome, any time. How about specifying what you plan on doing with the cards instead of asking a completely vague question like which one is faster. That way someone could make an educated guess on which one would be better suited to your needs.

But to answer your question I googled the two cards and I came up with the nvidia being a little faster but not by enough to make any difference unless you're running windows 95 and playing quake I, and even then the difference will be negligible.

Obvously the OP isn't going to be playing games and was simply wondering which card can run windows at 1280x1024 32bit better. Believe it or not, games aren't the only things computers are for :p. Have fun with your 2-3-2 memory, i'm sure it kills you that you cant get that RCD timing down.
 
acascianelli said:
I'm building a computer from some scraps and I couldn't remember which of the two video cards I had was better/faster. The system ended up with these specs...

Tyan 440BX
2x Pentium III 500@560 (Katmai)
512mb PC100@112
Adaptec Ultra2 SCSI
IBM 18gb 10krpm 80mbit
ATi Rage Pro 4mb
If these are just scraps you've got lying around, you're more than welcome to send them to me ^_-
 
ive been thinking about making an old comp and putting 95 on it. i got tons of old games i sometimes want to play but im too lazy to make them work on xp. i think i got an old voodoo2 somewhere, and a P2, i should get something up and running.
 
The riva 128 was a really good card for the original wipeout and G-police. It ran the stuff better than my monster 3d did.
 
Nakamori said:
Obvously the OP isn't going to be playing games and was simply wondering which card can run windows at 1280x1024 32bit better. Believe it or not, games aren't the only things computers are for :p. Have fun with your 2-3-2 memory, i'm sure it kills you that you cant get that RCD timing down.

:rolleyes: and no, it doesn't bother me
 
Nakamori said:
Obvously the OP isn't going to be playing games and was simply wondering which card can run windows at 1280x1024 32bit better. Believe it or not, games aren't the only things computers are for :p. Have fun with your 2-3-2 memory, i'm sure it kills you that you cant get that RCD timing down.
wow...get...a..life
 
Back
Top