Which wireless N router?

Avengeance

Gawd
I have a customer that is looking to change his router. He has a D-Link that is causing all sorts of wireless issues. He has a budget of 100 dollars for the router and left it up to me to choose. Problem is I have read all about them and all the linksys ones (who used to be top with the WRT54G model) all has an internal antenna now and everyone says the signal is lacking.

So my question is, what is the best wireless N router for under 100 dollars that I can get. I need to get it from a store like frys or bestbuy since I need to have it for tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Did your customer flash to the latest firmware on that D-Link? If he did that may in fact be the problem. D-Link has really dropped the ball with it's latest firmware updates for a wide rang of its routers. I have a DIR-655 that I made the mistake of flashing to the infamous 1.32na. Instead of giving me the enhanced Shareport features it actually made Shareport unusable. I was lucky and a re-flash to 1.32na fixed it. At the moment it's working fine. What model D-Link is it and what kind of problems are you having?

Back