SiliconValley
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 22, 2005
- Messages
- 226
I've been using firefox, about to switch to vista. I'm a bit sick of Vista. Should I go back to IE, keep using firefox or is there a 3rd alternative?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
IE7
Under Vista there's now no real reason to use an alternative, other than personal preference about the interface. With security settings configured at defaults and Defender running I've not had a single intrusion.
And personal preference? It's only a bloody browser to use for reading web pages, for goodness sake!
IE7
ive never had the need to use anything else
I had problems with Firefox on my older machine with XP, but the latest version is running very smooth with Vista on my new machine. IE7 pales in comparison really. Nice security features, but it can get a tad annoying. Everything about Firefox is that much better.
I'm not a sheep and don't blindly use ...
Why settle for the bundled applications when there are better alternatives?
That's a silly question. Because better is, in fact, better. There couldn't be a better reason than that.Why chase better when the provided is perfectly adequate?
That's a silly question. Because better is, in fact, better. There couldn't be a better reason than that.
I'm not commenting on browsers in particular here. Just the sillyness of the question in general.
It really is worth checking out sometime, and I don't mean a 15 minute cursory "glance" at it then brushing it aside
Okay, I'll rephrase it:
Why chase 'better', when the provided is perfectly adequate?
You'll notice there that I'm querying whether or not an actual improvement is gained. I mentioned earlier that preference for the user interface is valid reason to adopt an alternative. I'm querying the concept that 'better' really relates to protection or other such benefits any more!
firefox. adblock plus, ietab, and noscript, and google toolbar is all i need. i hate ff20 tho, tabbed browser preferences extension doesn't work right on it