• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which way to go with CPU platform VMWARE.

Wrench00

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
3,423
I am kind of at weird road for my Host selection.

I am entertaining the idea of going back to AMD for my lab.

I am looking at a host that will roughly cost 4000 dollars. Supermicro based.

Go with dual 16 core opterons or Dual 6 Core xeons this will be mostly for VDI stuff. I do have a san as well no DAS.
I know intel has better single performance record but their cpu's are more expensive and I don't think it will help in the VDI solution. Which one will run more vdi's better.

They are about the same as specs go its just the CPU question.
 
o-o wow 4k.. let me spec something out and see how it turns out.. Rack mountable?
 
Most of the stuff I spec'ed out comes in above 4k if I got with mid to top tier CPUs and max out of the ram.. What amount of ram are we talking you need.. and what performance are you looking for?
 
I think I am going to go with Intel.

I am going to do 2XE5 2620 and around 64 gigs of ram. 2u Server and 6027r-trf supermicro
3 quad port nics.
 
Back
Top