Which water cooling system is best

None of the above:

AQUA COMPUTER RULES!!!! :D

But it is a tad on the pricey side :(

So what do you really want to do with your watercooling system? Get quieter? OC faster? Cool what components? Case your putting it into? Budget? Need more info....

I'd say it's between the Switftech and the Danger Den. I'd probably lean toward the Switftech, because I believe their MCW-6002 waterblock performs better than the Maze 4 from Danger Den.

Also, I'd look around at places other than Newegg, because their watercooling prices seem a bit high (no surprise there)

i plan on overclocking but more importantly keep my cpu + 7800gtx cool

btw what is the best water block for the 7800gtx

all blocks only differ in temps by a couple degrees C. There isnt one holy grail block that blows all the way... Well Cathars storm blocks for CPU are probably the best (and expensive) to buy. For your GPU, i know dangerden Maze 4 blocks fit with the 6800 mounting kit. Swiftech has their mcw-50 block as well. Oh silverprop has the fusion HL which performs great but its hard to find unless you want to import from australia

Top Nurse said:
None of the above:

AQUA COMPUTER RULES!!!! :D

But it is a tad on the pricey side :(

So what do you really want to do with your watercooling system? Get quieter? OC faster? Cool what components? Case your putting it into? Budget? Need more info....

Rules how? Bling factor? I know you ain't talking about in overall performance 'cause even you yourself have admited that it's not the uber performing setup...it's good but not god.

how many years will a water cooling system last (not the blocks) just the pump reservior and radiator

Quick answer: look it up yourself!
Because I'm bored: Most components should last several years as long as you don't have any corrosion or gunk growing in your loop, although tubing will likely start to stain after 1 or 2 years. Laing pumps should last at least 3 years, and reservoir should last a long time as long as you don't crack yours moving it around (difficult to do, but can happen).

Render, you really need to do more research yourself & find out yourself
Render said:
what is the best water block for the 7800gtx
as there is no single block that is the best for everyone. Do some more research & find a couple blocks that you like, then ask us which we would recommend.

I highly suggest you not get a kit and assemble your components yourself, as you will learn infinately more from diy than a kit. Look around Overclockers.com, ProCooling.com (a lot of their stuff will be likely be over your head, so don't go there first), and read this entire article.

madmat said:
Rules how? Bling factor? I know you ain't talking about in overall performance 'cause even you yourself have admited that it's not the uber performing setup...it's good but not god.

I was just kidding ;)

it's ok tn, I understood. ;)

The Maze4 is an extremely outdated CPU block. The DD TDX is the DD CPU block of choice nowadays. I suggest buying it and the Maze4 GPU block. It and some RAMsinks will keep your 7800 nice and cool.

You should get the DD TDX/D5 (cpu block and pump) combo for $108. It will save you a LOT of money.

For a radiator, I would get a Black Ice Pro II if you can fit it, and a Thermochill HE160 if you can't.

Get Tygon 3/8" tubing

Go to the thread in my sig and follow the links (in the watercooling section) to see what I am talking about.

actually, here. This is copy and pasted from my thread:
water cooling:
. CPU Block and Pump:
. 1 Danger Den Copper TDX and DD12V-D5 combo $108.75
. GPU Block:
. 1 Low Profile MAZE4 GPU block $46.45
. 2 8 BGA Copper RAMsinks $9.95
. Radiator:
. 1 Black Ice Pro II $35.99
. 2 Panaflo 120mm M1A $9.75 x2 = $19.50
. alternative:
. 1 Double Heater Core $34.99
. 2 Panaflo High Speed 120mm $12.95 x2 = $25.90
. Reservoir:
. 1 DD single 5 1/4" bay - plastic $17.95
. alternative:
. 1 DD sinlge 5 1/4" bay - clear $29.95
. Tubing:
. 1 Tygon 3/8" ID 10 ft x $2.35 = $23.50
. Fittings:
. 1 1/4 NPT Fittings for 3/8" ID tubing $1.00 x 4 = $4.00
. 2 Polypropylene "Elbow" 2 x $1.75 = $3.50
. Clamps:
. 1 Metal Worm Clamps - hardware store $?
. Other:
. 1 MCT -40 water additive $0.00 (gift w/ >$100 order)
. 2 6" Velcro $2.49 x 2 = $4.98

I got the velcro to fix my pump/rad in place and the elbows/fittings to be make sure I'd be able to build the loop itself.
watercooling total: $274.57

Why not 1/2 inch??? True, 3/8 will give you easier routing and less kinking, but 1/2 inch is where it's at in my opinion. Also, I wouldn't go Tygon. I'd do clearflex, but the stuff with the thicker wall. Less kinks, but at the expense of less flexibility. I boiled my hose in water to get the bends I needed.

Well, then maybe 3/8 is a good idea for a new H20 guy. :rolleyes:

Also, if money is no object I'd consider the same pump, but go with the Storm from Swiftch.

The best H2O cooling system is the one you like. You will never get a consensus with this question.

Well, if we're discussing tubing then I'll chime in again recommending 7/16"id-5/8"od tubing. Having used Home Depot 1/2"id-3/4"od vinyl tubing, I can wholeheartedly recommend against using Home Depot tubing, as well as 3/4"od tubing. While it is very difficult to kink, this tubing simply weighs a lot, takes up way too much space, and is a royal pita to route. I have 10' of McMaster-Carr 7/16"id-5/8"od tubing (part #5233K44) en route to me, and I will post my impressions once I get it in my hands :D

The other oft-overlooked disadvantage with 1/2" ID tubing is that it's harder to bleed air-bubbles out of it.

thanks for all the feedback and help i apreciate it!

my final question is which company would you recomend: Swiftech or Danger Den

theseeker said:
The best H2O cooling system is the one you like. You will never get a consensus with this question.
QFT - But my opinion is Switftech

Cathar said:
The other oft-overlooked disadvantage with 1/2" ID tubing is that it's harder to bleed air-bubbles out of it.

never thought of that....

[on!="topic"]
perhaps you could enlighten me on this?
[/on]

I will say Dangerden... cause thats where my stuff came from/

Render said:

You're still asking questions too broad to get informative answers. But I'll try :D

IMO, Swiftech's CPU blocks are better, 'specially now they have the Storm, but DD makes a better GPU block, if only because it's avaible in acetal as opposed to aluminum.

I used to use a Swiftech setup, mcw6002a and mcw50. Now I have an LRstorm G4 and DDmaze4acetal. My original water setup had a great performance/noise ratio. My new setup keeps the CPU ~1 degree cooler at idle and maybe 4 degrees cooler at load. The GPU block is slightly more noticeable an improvement, about 5-7 degrees cooler at load. I haven't done extensive testing, but those are the results I observed, fwiw.

Hope this helps.

Punx_Clever said:
never thought of that....

[on!="topic"]
perhaps you could enlighten me on this?
[/on]

Generally speaking, seem to need to have at least 1 m/s tubing velocity to bleed quickly, and as low as 0.75m/s for decent bleeding. Once you get below 0.75m/s then air-bubbles can take forever to bleed out.

1/2" ID tubing bleeds easily above 2gpm, and more slowly above 1.5gpm, but get below 1.5gpm it takes forever.

7/16" ID will bleed quickly above 1.6gpm, and more slowly above 1.2gpm.

3/8" ID bleeds quickly above 1.2gpm, and more slowly above 0.9gpm. Below that and it's problematic.

1. i was wondering about radiators which 1:
Black Ice Xtreme 2 - $55 - dual 120mm
Swiftech MCR-120 - $58 - single 120mm

2. difference between swiftech 6000 and 6002 blocks
3. TDX or 6000 or 6002

Render said:

If I were to switch from AC I would go with Swiftech. I say this because I called them before I bought my AC gear and they were very helpfull. Even Voodoo uses them for their rigs.

1) Your radiator choice will depend on a few things:
-how loud/powerful are the fans you plan on using.
-how much space you have in your case or external enclosure
-whether or not you're willing to cut your case, if you get a larger rad

Swiftech rads are basically rebranded HWLab rads. The MCR120 is a BI Pro. The BI pro is thinner than the BI Extreme. Therefore, you can use quieter fans and still get good performance. The Extemes will outperform the Pros if you are using high CFM fans.

I would get a 2x120, unless there is absolutely no way you can fit it in your setup.

2)6002 has 1/2 barbs, 6000 has 3/8 barbs

3)Personal preference here. Check out This Chart at ProCooling to see how they stack up performance wise. Looks like the Swiftech performs better than DD unless you are hitting unusually high flow rates.

ok i like the 2x120 radiator but would 2 1x120 radiators perform better, like:

1 radiator:
pump->cpu->gpu->radiator->pump

2 radiators:
pump->cpu->radiator1->gpu->radiator2->pump

cuz:
1 black ice xtreme 2x120 is $58
2 black ice pro 1x120 are $56

Back