which W.C. setup?

A or B ?

• Total voters

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
Basically I'm ready to buy my new WC setup, and I'm wondering what would be the most appropriate way to cool the CPU and GPU. Serial or parallel loop. The problem with the parallel loop would be the need of a check valve of some sort, hmm

Option A - Serial loop
Option_A.png

Option B - Parallel loop

Option_B.png

If both blocks are highly restrictive and the level of restriction is very close between the two, I wouldn't do it.

I'm gonna use an Alphacool VPP655 pump (with D5 HF Top)

If both blocks are highly restrictive and the level of restriction is very close between the two, I wouldn't do it.

wouldn't do the serial or parallel?

btw:

CPU - XSPC Rasa
GPU - XSPC Rasa Universal gpu block

Serial and parallel will most likely net you the same results with minor variations. I would do serial for simplicity reasons, and I don't know why the heck you would need check valves.

wouldn't do the serial or parallel?

btw:

CPU - XSPC Rasa
GPU - XSPC Rasa Universal gpu block

I should have profread my post first *FIXED*

Only If both blocks are highly restrictive and the level of restriction is very close between the two would I do parallel, other wise I would do serial.

well, the idea behind having a parallel setup, is to get cool water from the reservoir to both CPU and GPU, instead of pumping "warm" water from the GPU to the CPU water block

well, the idea behind having a parallel setup, is to get cool water from the reservoir to both CPU and GPU, instead of pumping "warm" water from the GPU to the CPU water block

This is a very common misconception among new people on watercooling. Unless you have more than 5 heat sources, the water temperature between the first block and the last block is less than 1 C, if any difference at all.

Serial and parallel will most likely net you the same results with minor variations. I would do serial for simplicity reasons, and I don't know why the heck you would need check valves.
Agreed... and check valves???

Now if this thread was about radiator configurations i am somewhat opinionated on the matter in regards to what has better performance :D

Back