Which Video Port Should I Occupy?

So I have a GT 620 2GB, and I have 2 monitors, 1 that is 1080p and the other that is significantly lower resolution. For some reason, I was able to connect both screens at first and the 1080p being the native monitor; however, for some reason now the card won't even detect the 1080p monitor. I tried unplugging the hdmi but to no avail. Is it better to occupy the dvi and hdmi rather than vga and hdmi? I was wondering if the vga had some issues when outputting with hdmi. Another question is, I want to clone the two screens; however, when I was able to clone the two screens (when the 1080p monitor worked) the 1080p like magnified CRAZY to the point I just left the screen resolution at extended mode. Is there an option in the Geforce thing that allows me to just clone two screens and have it be outputted at different resolution?

Thanks

I don't believe you can clone two different resolution monitors. It might be possible by cropping off everything that the low res screen can't display though.

DVI + HDMI would be ideal but the difference really shouldn't be noticeable. Not sure why you're getting issues.

The problem is that the lower resolution monitor only has vga, so I guess I should get one of those converters from dvi to vga so that digital (HDMI) and digital (DVI) has less problem than analog (vga) and digital?

I don't believe you can clone two different resolution monitors. It might be possible by cropping off everything that the low res screen can't display though.

DVI + HDMI would be ideal but the difference really shouldn't be noticeable. Not sure why you're getting issues.

Correct, when you clone, it's the same resolution to all monitors (hence 'clone').

it shouldn't matter what port you use though. Have you adjusted the settings in monitor manager in Windows?

I have tried everything possible from changing the hdmi cable to reseating the gpu and so on. Could it be that I have a faulty HDMI port? The DVI and VGA work without a hitch.

Back