Which video card?

thylantyr

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Messages
157
I haven't followed the computer market in a year and I was wondering if you can give me a quick skinny on what to get. I plan to build a new
game rig within the next month or two and what is the story with the
Nvidia vs ATI war? I did notice that good video cards are over $500
now and saw the new GF7 GTX on newegg, so in this price range what
are the options? Get this beast or is there anything newer that is
coming out in 2 months to wait for?

If GF7 caliber card, will an AMD 64 4000 CPU keep up ?
 
Well if you dont mind waiting till ATIs new card comes out, do that, if not the 7800GTX can be found at or below those prices, and I believe anything above a 3500+ should give ok headroom for the 7800GTX to play around, a 4000+ would be ideal.
 
if you scour the internet, you can find a 7800GT for about 350-370. should keep you in step with the latest and greatest for awhile. the fact that it overclocks past the GTX will have you missing those 4 extra pipes a little less...
 
Back
Top