Which Video Card suites me?

rob24

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
151
Ok so I play alot of Lineage 2 and my video card isnt to great. Its fine but I know I can get better. I have a GeForce 4 520 128 mb AGP. I wanted maybe something better. I played on my friends Dell which had PCI express ATI radeon 300x and it was sooo much better compared to mine. I was woundering if I could upgrade my motherboard to something with a pci express or something like that (think thats how you do it). Cause he could alt tab and play cs and lineage 2 at the same time and it was very nice quality even in low graphics. Suggest which video cards are good for what I do. Thanks Also if I upgrade or do what I said above to my motherboard how much would that cost?
 
is not really whats suited for you, is what do you want and how much money are you willing to spend on a video card...
 
Post Specs:

The only PCI-Express boards I know of right now are Nforce 4 boards. So you might want to look into them.

www.newegg.com is the place to look.

Any G-Card in the Geforce 6800 will do you right.
Any G-Card ATI 600X/Pro + will do you right
 
You can go intel for pci too. abudhu, dunno bout the 6800le... (just nit picking)
 
My setup is
60 GB hard drive
Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz
512mb ram
GeForce 4 5200 128 mb
Abit BH7 motherboard

Money really isnt that much of an issue. But I dont want to go over $350. How much would It be to switch to PCI express? Rough estimate would be nice
 
PCI-E would mean a new MOBO which currently run about 150-180
PCI-E G-Cards are Expensivo! 6600GT runs around 220!

Add those two and you are already above what you want to spend.

I'd say:
Upgrade to 1GB of ram.

And then buy a GeForce 6800nu

:) But thats budget breaking too.
 
if hes gonna use same proc hed also have to buy ram dude cause intel makes u have ddr2 for there pci-e boards
 
dude.. 350? forget pci express... your current specs are fine... grab a 6600gt or 6800NU and one stick of 512 mb of ram... there enjoy lineage 2 on high settings and high res...

and BTW.. these upgrades will kill your friend's setup in gaming wise...x300 aren't that great.. it's slower than a 9600xt... but anyways.. do what i say... 6600gt or 6800NU and a stick of 512 mb ram...
 
for what you are playing, don't forget there are some cheap cards out there that will perform just fine.

9600pro/xt $100-$140
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-408&depa=1

9800pro- $200
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-362&depa=1

6600 vanilla -$121
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=14-170-070&DEPA=1

Most 6600s will OC like crazy and most are PCI-E.
For a higher budget I would say


6600GT- $200-$220
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-220&depa=1

6800 NU- $280-$300
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-068&depa=1
 
Thanks I think Ill do what azn said . thanks alot guys ill tell you how it goes.
 
FWIW, I would also suggest just getting a new AGP video card, e.g. 6600GT, 6800 vanilla, or 6800 GT if you're feeling like spending more :) 6600GT plus another 512 RAM would probably be a great setup.
 
Back
Top