• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which Video Card? (high end)

MFZ said:
No we're not discussing theoretics here, who said we were? We're talking about including everything and especially AA/AF which is naturally part of using DX. Nobody cares about pure DX son, why would they when making a $400+ purchase? To go off on a tangent about theoretics is just a weak cop-out.

I've never met a brick wall before. Must suck not being able to dodge bird crap.
 
MFZ said:
I'd hate to use Toms Hardware as a source since I think that site sucks but they do have a recent review with some games other than the standard UT2004/Halo/Fary Cry that most reviewers feature: Toms


And of course DH though I know some people here dislike them but they do use the latest drivers: http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/PNY/index.htm

Pretty much all the benchmarks show the XT's leading in D3D with AA/AF enabled at a high res. However, those are pretty much standard fare games that I'm sure both IHV's have optimized like crazy for. I've really had a hard time finding reviews that show non-standard games like MMORPGs, Strategy etc. The only one coming close was Toms and DH. On that note I really wish reviewers would start including a more diverse set of games, gets pretty boring seeing cloned reviews, don't ya agree?


Oh yeah the two reviewers that are more biased then the companies themselves? And Tom's didn't even use a 6800 ultra lol.

DH whats there to dislike their benchmarks have always been skewed! Even people at Rage3d say that ;) .

MMORPG's and stratagy games? one is network bound and the other cpu limited :eek:
 
The sapphire x800 xt is at pro prices.. why?? lol O_O is it bad or something?
 
i think it works like this:

the 6800gt is the best "bang for the buck"
while the x800xt is the best over-all

i'm gonna get a 6800gt and if i don't like it, take it back and get an x800pro

xyber said:
The sapphire x800 xt is at pro prices.. why?? lol O_O is it bad or something?


that's what i said! it must be because it's bulk or something? or maybe the OEM.

i almost put 03m at first =-/
 
Even if my limit was set at $600, I would still get a BFG 6800GT OC......
 
hmm when the bfg6800GT is oc'd to ultra speeds, how does it compare to the x800 xt?
 
xyber said:
would it be safer to bfg 6800 gt OC or x800pro vivo mod to x800xt?


They both are very succuessful, vivo to x800xt speeds definitly, xt pe speeds, so so, but the gt to ultra will almost always happen.
 
A bit off topic..
But I'm confused how a Video Card cannot fix an API's performance in it's drivers? How is ATI cannot fix OGL, it's an API, what's needed to be rewritten and improved is software not hardware. So why can it not be fixed?

I don't want to scream !!!!!! smack talk, but I like some factual - technical - info how this is impossible to fix? Links even relating to this horrific unfixable delema!? ;)

Bit of a sarcastic rant, but get my point?
 
B/c they probably need a complete overhaul of the whole OGL .dll
maybe a complete rewrite from start to finish not just some tweaking. Which would be a big task. They've probably tweaked about all they can from it, considering it probably hasnt change much since the architecture hasnt changed much in the past 3 "gen"s of cards. 9700->9800->X800>X700.... all based on the same architecture... just different #'s of pipes & pixel shader engines.
 
I'm getting an FX-55 and maxing out AA/AF so I'm getting an ATI card, end of story. But I could see getting a 6 series card having an advantage in the future when games are so complex that AA/AF cannot be turned on so the pure power will shine out but that's later and this is not so for now, I'll be cranking every game :)
 
The BFG ultra OC Water Cooled has a stock core speed of 425 mhz, but people have reported 470mhz + overclocks.

If you are willing to spend the $ and want THE fastest card you can have, get one. Unless you are willing to mod a x800xtpe by putting a waterblock on it.

Don't let the people touting the x800xt pe by saying "who plays games without AA/AF" convince you that its faster. ATI is optimizing their AF through the roof and nvidia is catching on, won't be long before that advantage is gone.
 
Back
Top