• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

which usb capture device

yellafella321

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 23, 2003
Messages
320
I want to be able to record shows and watch tv on my computer in my dorm

deciding between the leadtech box and maybe the ati tv wonder....

just asking for your input, thanks
 
I got ext Leadtek USB 2, works great.. timeshifting is also actually work altho it doesn't exactly works like pvr such as tivo.

App & software that comes with the the tuner can make the difference between good and bad product, imo leadtek has done a good job.

The only thing I find with capturing is that when I used the MPEG1/2 codec that comes with it, the sound sometimes pop & clicks, not too loud but quite noticable. Not sure if anyone else experience this but I'm pretty sure my computer is powerful enuf for these tasks (see my sig). Fortunatly using MJPEG codec solve the sound prob (forget about divx, massive sync problem)

Scheduling also works perfectly. it records even when the computer is on standby (wakes it up), good for recording stuff early hours in the morning :) and it can put the computer back on standby afterwards.

Havn't tried ATI all in wonder, but it has got lots of good review.
 
Back
Top