which to pick?

Dude, you realize that you are asking which cheap power supply will run my 500 dollar videocard. I suggest simply laying out the cash and getting something good, that will move from system to system as you upgrade. I have spent hours trying to figure out game crash issues, reload drivers, sending cards back, reloading windows, only to find in the end it is a PS not supplying the needed current all the time.

Cheers!
 
System starts with a decent power supply :) Check some respectable brands PSUs with at least 2 12V lines 15A+ each
 
Its just like buying a good case, same with the PSU you buy a decent one it will last you a long time and many builds, plus it won't take out parts when it blows.
 
that Xcelio Goodpower is recommened in this forum but the +12v rails look to be a little weak, usually go for 20+Amp not lower.
 
good or cheap.....Pick one......you cant have both......

Plus you spent mega bucks on a Vid card and now your gonna feed it shit power??? I don't get it....
 
i heard this one is good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817388003

and what about these?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159054

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153028

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194009

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817256001

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153022

also i want to get everything from newegg, im building a new pc. so if u can find one off newegg feel free to post it.

also maybe i can up the price to $80

EDIT: THis is a MAYBE but if i decide throw in a few more bucks should i get this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817151024
If i should please still recommend one of the above.
 
The Enhance unit I posted is the same as the Silverstone unit you found on Newegg (Enhance builds a lot of Silverstone's power supplies) but is $16 cheaper including shipping than Newegg's sale price on the Silverstone. Ewiz isn't a bad place to buy from, I've used them before.

The two Thermaltakes and the Coolmax are crap, the Enermax is iffy. The Seasonic is a quality unit but isn't quite as powerful as the Enhance and it costs $48 more including shipping.
 
Rabid Badger said:
The Enhance unit I posted is the same as the Silverstone unit you found on Newegg (Enhance builds a lot of Silverstone's power supplies) but is $16 cheaper including shipping than Newegg's sale price on the Silverstone. Ewiz isn't a bad place to buy from, I've used them before.

The two Thermaltakes and the Coolmax are crap, the Enermax is iffy. The Seasonic is a quality unit but isn't quite as powerful as the Enhance and it costs $48 more including shipping.

Never heard about the enhance. The enermax however is far from iffy, the noisetaker II series is a very solid PSU

EDIT: Read up, ehhance is solid, but a bit weak IMO for the app you want it for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194009

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817151024

Are good. I'd get the Seasonic.
 
ok ive decided to get a difference monitor so the price went down ALOT so please feel free to post what psu u suggest, from newegg please. im sure the site u suggest is great but i really want to order all from one place.
 
I'd get one of the 600W at that point. really. better safe than sorry.
 
Back
Top