Which Tablet for Xmas?

RL400

n00b
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
61
Im looking for an android tablet to get for christmas. Which one do you guys recommend?

Im looking for HDMI and maybe a usb port.

This will be mainly used in school (college) and for pleasure

I was looking at the xoom but im still unsure as to what i should get
 
would it be better to go with the transformer that is out now when the price drops when the new one comes out? will the new one be worth the extra cash?
 
Transformer PRIME

Problem solved.

That thing is a BOSS. 32gb quad core, thin as the Galaxy Tab for $500. The Galaxy Tab is still $500 and only 16gb single core. I love my Tab but if I didn't already have a tablet I'd buy the Transformer hands down. Plus it's Honeycomb 3.2, upgradable to 4.0 vs all other tablets 3.2 at best, and most will probably never get 3.XX because it was designed for multicore CPU's not single core. Has best battery life and micro HDMI port.

http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_Prime_TF201/

I don't recommend the Xoom, a friend has one and I hate how big and heavy it is. Hold a Xoom and then an iPad or Galaxy Tab and you'll feel the difference. Even if you went with the Galaxy Tab, you can still get an HDMI output, don't limit yourself to the Xoom just because it already has a micro HDMI installed. Pretty much all tablets have micro HDMI adapters that don't have them built into the device.
 
Last edited:
would it be better to go with the transformer that is out now when the price drops when the new one comes out? will the new one be worth the extra cash?

Well the current one is dual core I think vs quad core of the model coming out. Battery is extended to 18 hours from 12 hours on the current device, I believe. Depends what you want and if you can wait. I thought the new model will be selling for $500, so let's assume the current model drops to $400. In my opinion the $500 new model is worth it.
 
Back
Top