• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

which ssf should i choose?

Malikman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
1,045
hey i was wondering which ssf i should choose....
aspire q-pack OR silverstone sugo sg-1 evolution

I'm leaning to evolution but i heard q-pack's are flimsy (obvoiusly correct me if i'm wrong)

anyone here's my rig that will be going into either case
Proc: Athlon 64 x2 3800+
Case:Silverstone sugo-sg1
Motherboard: BioStar TForce6100-939 or Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS (comments would be great)
Ram:Corsair (2 x 1 gig DDR 400)
Graphics Card:XFX Geforce 4 7800GT Pci-e
PSU: 400-450 watt from pc power and cooling
Watercooling: I don't know anything about watercooling and am trying to figure out how it'll fit into the csae i have chosen ideas would be great.

i'm probably actually not going to do watercooling but AIR for awhile then watercooling later.
 
If your water cooling, I;d say go with the X-Qpack because it has room on the back to mount a 120mm rad. Though you could mount the rad on top of the other one I suppose, with a lot of cutting.
 
Check out this thread for a good picture of the Shuttle G, Shuttle P, X-Qpack & Silverstone SG01 sitting side by side. It gives a good visual perspective on the size of these cases as they relate to each other.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=978420&highlight=x-qpack

The x-qpack is flimsy compared to a quarter inch bar of steel, but I think its plenty strong for its intended purpose once its assembled. I wouldn't use it to sit on and certainly wouldn't use it as a stool to stand on, but my x-qpack sits on the back seat of our 4WD when we go off-roading and hasn't been tweaked yet. The x-qpack is much more flimsy with the cover off (as it should be by design), but that doesnt matter to me because its the system as a whole (when assembled) that counts for me and so far its been just great. I do look forward to the day when somebody takes the best of the x-qpack, silverstone, shuttle, etc, and puts those features in a new line of cases.
 
Back
Top