Which SSD do I get?

Gimpy04

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to get an SSD for my laptop to replace the 320GB 5200RPM drive that in it currently. I've been looking at several different drives and just can't decide.

It's mostly just for the OS (Win7) and Civ4. I'll still have the 320GB drive for storage, but I want something faster for the C:\.

Here are my parameters: Less than $200, Much faster than the HDD I have. Storage is a bonus! Would prefer something around the 64GB mark if possible.

I looked at the 64GB WD drive, there's a 64GB Corsair and an 50GB OCZ drive. I really just don't know which is the best bang for the buck and my head is spinning at this point.

Please help [H]!

People are going to recommend that you spend the extra $25 and pick up an 80GB Intel X25-M SSD. It's considered one of the best in the market.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've really been him-hawing over all of this. I suppose it is worth the extra cash to just get the Intel. I've seen that it simply stomps the competition.

I suppose it's a good thing I'm working all this overtime. Now I just need to sign up for some more.

for the price range, you probably won't find a better ssd than the x25-m as stated above.

Back