• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which speakers to choose?

Which speakers?


  • Total voters
    8
  • Poll closed .

justin88

n00b
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
7
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in this forum. I 'm buying a new speakers and the dac/amp combo for my laptop. About the amp i just bought fiio E7/E9 combo. And about the speakers, i 'm still dont know which one is the best to choose. I'm thinking between the BX5a deluxe , the Rokit 6 G2( ferrari grey edition), and the Mackie MR5 mk2. I need something loud but clear sound, and can handle low end well, and good bass also :)
These are seem in my budget which is $300.
Can you guys give me some opinion about these speakers or others that you like?
Thank you so much.
 
I would get the CX5 for $300 if you don't intend on getting a sub.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
@superballz00: so you think M-audio CX5a is better than all the three I listed? Did you tested thim all?
 
@superballz00: so you think M-audio CX5a is better than all the three I listed? Did you tested thim all?

I've heard all of them except the RP6G2 but I've heard the RP5G2. I think the CX5 is worth the $100 over the BX5a. It also depends on the kind of sound you like so you should go listen to them in store before buying.
 
I have the JBL's (in my sig) - they are mind blowing awesome ! I got them for $320/pr at Zzounds
 
jbl's sweet the original studio monitors.id recommend jbl's over anything listed in the poll.
 
the poster above me has these JBL LSR2325p jbl is legendary for there sound quality.i wouldnt consider jbl home speakers anymore.there pro gear lineup is still up to snuff though.
 
Go to your local guitar store and listen to the studio speakers they have. They should have the pairs you listed and a few pairs of JBL.
 
So can you guys tell me more what do you think about Rokit 6 gp2 and M-audio CX5?
Thanks
 
I can only really comment on the Rokits, which sound pretty damn good. Very clean.
 
the advice given by a couple folks in this thread is always the best method.go listen to all the speakers you are considering,and get the ones that sound best to you.
 
the poster above me has these JBL LSR2325p jbl is legendary for there sound quality.i wouldnt consider jbl home speakers anymore.there pro gear lineup is still up to snuff though.

yes, home jbl - not so much :(
These are my JBL's
http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/Product.aspx?PId=280&MId=5

another option Behringer B1030a

Like it said before - Best speakers are the once's sound best to you. I bought my JBL without ever hearing them before, but from solid vendor with good return policy.
If you can't find local musicians store the some monitors in your price range you could do the same thing....
 
Back
Top