Which soundcard?

jedisme

Limp Gawd
Which soundcard would be the better of the two? Razer Barracuda? Or the Creative X Fi XtremeGamer Pro for primarily gaming FPS's so positional sound is very important. Input please.

X-Fi, if you're gaming then nothing really compares.

Plus the Razer card doesn't really do that much IMO, just a notch about integrated. (I speak from ownership)

I would get the creative in this situation.
XFI has good positional audio for speakers and headphones.
It has more processing power and won't put as much load on the CPU.
Creative drivers aren't great, but I trust them way more then I trust Razer for software drivers.

Creative released a lot of updates to the original drivers by now which fixed any issues that were talked about in the past. X-Fi is definitely a safe buy now for gaming and it is good value compared to any other sound cards. It also offers CMSS-3D headphones tech which many think (incl. myself) is better from even Dolby Headphone virtual surround.

I should update my answer:

Creative X-Fi is the best gaming audio CHIPSET

Auzentech makes the best CARDS with the X-Fi chipset (simply in terms of quality of components)

Many would argue Asus makes better cards then both Creative and Auzentech... Mostly on the music side of things. Also EAX doesn´t seem to matter. How many new games have support for EAX 5 or even EAX 4? Not many.

Back