Which should I keep?

hagbard

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
293
I have an Antec 380 Truepower in my system now. Been experiencing some lockups with HL2, so bought an Antec 450w Smartpower on sale. Should I just keep the 380w Truepower and go for something with a much higher rating later or just pop in the 450w one now?

Normally, I'd just try out the new supply, but thanks to the massive heatsink I have on the CPU and the design of the Sonta case, I'd have to rip out the heatsink to put the new supply in...hassle.

My system:

Pentium 3.2E
1GB (512x2)
x850xt
Asus P4P800 SE
LG DVD-RW
Maxtor 100gb Diamomdmax 10
Six USB devices off motherboard + two hubs (about 9 USB devices total)
Two 120 Fans
Antec Sonata w/380w PS
One Firewire card
 
A much higer rating, how much do you think you need? I would think that would run on 380 fine. If the Amp rating on the 450 is better then stick it in and try it.
 
you shouldn't need to even have the PSU in your case to test it...just unplug everything and plug in the new PSU sitting outside your case..if you like the results, then go to work switching them.
 
Back
Top