Which setup to go with?

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I'm getting tired of gaming on my CRT and thought I'd get a good quality LCD setup.
My current choices are:

Two Dell 2001s,
Two Dell 2005 FPWs OR
Single Dell 2405 FPW

I'm currently stuck between those setups, I'd love to get 2x 2405s but dont currently have the cash. Any ideas what to choose? Any other LCD setups that would be good for gaming?

Thanks

I'm not completely sure if you have sli by reading your sig (it says 6800 ultra sli, but not 2x or anything), but if you're going with a widescreen monitor you might have issues with sli.

darkhorse said:
I'm not completely sure if you have sli by reading your sig (it says 6800 ultra sli, but not 2x or anything), but if you're going with a widescreen monitor you might have issues with sli.
this and this prove its SLI.
Widescreen has issues with SLI? What issues?

Why would you get two smaller monitors when you could get one big one? You can't really play a game on both at the same time.

BossNoodleKaboodle said:
Why would you get two smaller monitors when you could get one big one? You can't really play a game on both at the same time.
Thats one of the things I was thinking, but I could have other applications on the second monitor while I am playing games in one (these are going to be used on my opteron rig not the SLI one).

Well, the advantage to going two 2001's compared to a single 2405 is that you have more real estate space. I was debating the same thing, but then I realized that I don't really watch movies that much or play games that often anymore, so when I upgrade I'm gonna go dual monitors. I'd rather have the more real estate, since I mostly code / multi-task on my computer, and game occasionally.

Back