• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which setting do i need to play around with?

the madcow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
469
I have a quick question i hope you guys can help me out with. When I'm taking pictures most of the time the lens picks up and focuses on just half the object while blurring out the remainder of the pic. What setting do i have to change to make it so all of the object and background stays in focus. Thanks for the help.
 
I believe this is the depth of field you're talking about, and is perfectly normal. It depends on what type of camera/lens you're using. The more info you post the better.
 
the camera is an EOS 20 d and the lens is a 17-40mm 1:4 L USM Lens is this the information you need
 
It's aperture, or F-stop which is what the above posters have been talking about. However, when you increase F-stop/aperture, you generally have to compensate by decreasing shutter speed or increasing sensitivity since higher F-stops decrease the amount of light let in.

Lower the f-stop, the more shallow the depth of field. I'm not familiar with the 20D's controls since I don't have one, so you'll have to look at the manual to see how to change aperture. Though I can guess you spin either the front dial or the rear dial.
 
Thanks for all the posts. I went and order the book because it looks like i have alot to learn.
 
Back
Top