Which SATA backplane enclosure?

nodle

[H]ard|Gawd
Which one out of these two would you choose for holding 5 sata drives?

25fngw1.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817995001

2drxx07.jpg

Product.aspx

Go with the new tool-ess one, it's awesome.

+1 for the Norco 4020. I just picked one up at Directron the other day. I've got it completely disassembled right now prepping for paint. I know, I know, why paint a server case? Because I'm [H]ard.

norco owns but if you need one of those 5in3 go with athena, I have both like the athena better

Can someone post pictures of the toolless ones? How to they fasten to the drives, and how well do they hold on?

I have the Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B and I'm very happy with it. I also have the Istar unit and am not so happy with it---it feels flimsier, and the drive bays don't fit as well---but it still works.

The tool-less ones don't fasten to the drives. It doesn't have trays; you just open the door, slide the drive in, and latch it back. There are small rails in the unit that the drive rides on. See my post above. The iStar BPN series seem pretty sturdy IMO.

The tool-less ones don't fasten to the drives. It doesn't have trays; you just open the door, slide the drive in, and latch it back. There are small rails in the unit that the drive rides on. See my post above. The iStar BPN series seem pretty sturdy IMO.

qft, this would be the route i'd take for all my drives if i had the choice.

Back