Which RTX 4070 Super ?

DF454

[H]ard DCOTM July 2022
Thinking of upgrading the 2070 Super I have to a 4070 Super. Can't fit the 3 fan version, so most likely will be the 2 fan version. Looking for opinions on which brand(s) any of you have had luck with. It will fold 24/7 when I'm not surfing the web, just as the 2070S does currently.

I run a 4090 and an LP 4060 from MSI and Gigabyte daily. Both are fine. The other 40's I have are all Gigabyte basic open box models I picked up on sale. No issues with any of them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at the MSI on Amazon, but its out of stock till the middle of next month and higher in cost at the Egg or Micro Center.
Might go with the Zotac. Still not sure as this will be the highest price I ever paid for a graphics card, I want to make sure I get it right the first time. At close to $600, it might just be the highest price on any single PC part I have ever purchased.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at the MSI on Amazon, but its out of stock till the middle of next month and higher in cost at the Egg or Micro Center.
Might go with the Zotac. Still not sure as this will be the highest price I ever paid for a graphics card, I want to make sure I get it right the first time. At close to $600, it might just be the highest price on any single PC part I have ever purchased.
Best Buy? I've picked up several Open Box, Excellent Condition from them. Some are available for shipping. Saw a 4070 Super for ~$500 a couple weeks ago. I see several Asus dual fan versions in stock.

Was considering a 4070S myself as my 3060 just ain't up to it for my new 4K monitor. After some research I've got the ASUS Dual on my shortlist. Quiet, good temps and can OC a bit if desired but looks like most current gen hardware is pretty close to its limits nowadays and gains are minimal, not worth the power consumption usually. 4070S reviews on TechPowerUp are worth a look.

The RTX 4070Ti Super was to high of a cost and also it is to large to fit in the current case I have.
I ended up going with a Asus RTX 4070 Super Evo OC. I know a lot of people are hatting on Asus now because of some shady deals not covering warranty. But I have had good luck with them and decided to replace the Asus 2070 Super that has been folding for almost 4 years now without missing a beat, with another Asus card.
This new card was actually physically smaller then the 2070 Super that it replaced. I had a hell of a fun time trying to press the lock clip to release the old card. Won't have that trouble with this one when and if it ever has to come out. Fans are also quieter on the new one.
I'll report back in a few days after it has time to get so work done to see what kind of increase in production it gives on F@H.

Production is up an average of 9M points a day with the new card. Went from an average of 3.6M at 14 WU to 12.6M at 25WU. This is including the CPU which did not change. Don't know the full break down between the CPU and GPU, but the increase is all from the new GPU.

Back