Which Razer for Counter-Strike Source?

Copperhead is the best.

I agree the DPI difference (2000dpi vs 1600dpi for the Diamondback) is not that substantial. On the other hand, the Copperhead has a superior design - the side buttons are much more useful - and the laser really works better on pretty much any surface at all over the regular optical sensor on the Diamondback.

If you can find a Diamondback Plasma for cheap, though - it used an IR sensor - and that was pretty nice.

I just bought a Razer Copperhead to replace my MX510 and I couldn't be happier. I'd recommend it to anyone. I prefer the feel, look, and performance on every level.

i dont think it matters at all. i have a diamondback i use with my desktop. i recently bought a dell xps m1210 lappy :D since i purchased my new lappy i havent really used my desktop as my lappy can play bf2 just fine. with my lappy i just use a bluetooth logitech mouse and i havent noticed any difference. dont believe the hype. if you suck an expensive mouse isnt going to help and if you can play you will still have skills using a crappy mouse. i wish i didnt waste the money on an expensive mouse... just my $.02

ManCannon said:
I just bought a Razer Copperhead to replace my MX510 and I couldn't be happier. I'd recommend it to anyone. I prefer the feel, look, and performance on every level.

Once again you think it is all about you. The fact of the matter is that it is not.

Whoa, what the hell is your problem? For that matter, who the hell are you and what have I ever done to you?

It's all about how you'll be comfortable. Although upping the DPI all the way to 2000 and then dropping in game senativity supposedly tracks better, it's hardly noticeable. I use a G5 and I'm very happy with it. I'd recommend it over the razer mice, because I like the palm mouse design.

Mice are all about one's opinion, me, I hate razer mice, they look and feel really crappy. I really like my mx510, and if it broke, I would probably get a mx518. If the G5 had 2 side forward/backwards buttons I would get it, but it only has the back button.

I was under the impression that the G7 was the best mouse out there, but I'm somewhat partial to the mx1000 myself even though it's slightly too heavy for gaming.

It's a tossup between the G5 and Copperhead (just taking into consideration wired mice). It really just depends on which one you prefer the feel of first and foremost, after that it's which one's features you like, then which one you prefer the looks of.

For me I liked the feel of both but gave the slight edge to the Copperhead, I saw the weight switching on the G5 as pointless and I thought the onboard memory to save my settings on the Copperhead might come in handy. As far as looks go, the Copperhead in Anarchy Red is quite nice indeed :). It all comes down to personal preference, they're both great and will serve you well.

The thread starter asked which Razer mouse would be the best anyway, I assume this means he prefers the look and feel of their mice. I don't see why Logitech needed to even be brought up.

xtasyindecay said:
I will never use anything else :)

That's really cool! However, try reading the thread title, kthanksAICMFPbye.

Copperhead, not just for CS (they'll all be the same) but for tha adjustable DPI

Can't say I like Razers. I use an MX500 (first-gen, had it for years). It's a good fit for my hand, has well-placed additional buttons that I don't bump by accident, and tracks extremely well regardless of surface. The only Razer I've used didn't do so well unless it was on a good mouse pad.

You people are so fucking silly. You buy a logitech if you want to push your mouse around with your palm, razer for the fingertips. You're not likely to convert anyone, so just stfu. :p

Wally said:
That's really cool! However, try reading the thread title, kthanksAICMFPbye.

Copperhead, not just for CS (they'll all be the same) but for tha adjustable DPI

I commented as an indication that I think the G5 is a great mouse in comparison to anything Razer. I should have expounded ---> Razer feels like cheap garbage to me. If I was as concerned about mouse input like the OP, I would save up for something good instead of dropping $50 for junk. My opinion of course.

Wally said:
kthanksAICMFPbye.

Uhm, thats pretty funny :rolleyes:

texuspete00 said:
You people are so fucking silly. You buy a logitech if you want to push your mouse around with your palm, razer for the fingertips. You're not likely to convert anyone, so just stfu. :p

QFT++

Arguing the point is rather senseless. If you prefer to push a mouse with your fingers, it doesn't matter how many people post "OMG, Logitech R0X0RS RAZR!!", you are still going to wonder what kind of elephant-handed people prefer those mice.

Thing is, hand sizes don't differ THAT much - it's really just preferred usage. If you want to rest your whole hand on the mouse and move it with your wrist, the Razer mice are going to feel like "cheap, lightweight junk"...they weren't *designed* to be moved with your whole hand, just your fingers.

Just using my fingers it still feels like I'm going to crush it. And the buttons on the sides are overly sensitive.

dderidex said:
QFT++

Arguing the point is rather senseless. If you prefer to push a mouse with your fingers, it doesn't matter how many people post "OMG, Logitech R0X0RS RAZR!!", you are still going to wonder what kind of elephant-handed people prefer those mice.

Thing is, hand sizes don't differ THAT much - it's really just preferred usage. If you want to rest your whole hand on the mouse and move it with your wrist, the Razer mice are going to feel like "cheap, lightweight junk"...they weren't *designed* to be moved with your whole hand, just your fingers.

Not to continue debating - but thats an interesting argument you got there...

texuspete00 said:

Err...I'm pushing around my first-gen MX500 with my fingers.

I just tried putting my palm on the mouse...dear God that's uncomfortable.

If you prefer Razers technology, they just announced a mouse they're making for Microsoft called the Habu.

http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Gaming-Mice/Microsoft-Habu-Gaming-Mouse/

I looks like it's using the old Intellimouse shell - which is an awesome shape in my opinion. Then of course they added some bling-bling effects to it. They also state that there will be no negative acceleration with this mouse, which I find interesting. That's the exact reason I don't own a Copperhead at the moment. So maybe they finally fixed the problem.

Looks like it'll be a cool mouse.

PoweredBySoy said:
They also state that there will be no negative acceleration with this mouse, which I find interesting. That's the exact reason I don't own a Copperhead at the moment. So maybe they finally fixed the problem.

Looks like it'll be a cool mouse.

What do you mean by no negative acceleration? Whats that?

JustinSane said:

Had to look it up myself. Ever had a mouse cursor respond strangely when you moved the mouse too fast? Typical behavior has it go in the opposite direction or something like that.

I've never had a problem with it on anything but my old Logitech FX+ trackball. It's probably only an issue when you use the higher-resolution mice; my MX500 has never done it.

JustinSane said:

Basically, the faster you move the mouse, the slower the cursor (crosshair) goes in game. Almost as if the mouse can't register the movement quick enough, so not all of it gets translated on screen. Being a low sensitivity gamer who uses a large cloth mat, this was a big problem for me.

I purchased a Copperhead the instant they came out. When I got it home I noticed the negative accel right away. Disappointed, I took it back. After about 5 months of firmware revisions, I bought another one looking to give it another chance (I love the shape of the mouse). Even with the updated firmware, the negative accel was still there.

My guess is that most gamers don't use a low enough sensitivity to notice it. Most seem to prefer a higher sensivity on a smaller mouse pad, where the movements are confined.

Here is a snippit from the Razer press release:

Razer-Sharp Mouse
The Microsoft Habu gaming mouse allows gamers to experience PC gaming as never before, with innovative features and superior comfort in a gaming mouse. Low-sensitivity players require dynamic movement to enhance aim and tracking ability. Powered by Razer Precision™, the Habu’s data path was opened from eight to 16 bits and features an advanced 2,000 DPI laser sensor; the result is an ideal gaming mouse with virtually no skipping or pixel jumping or negative acceleration.

I would be curious to check this mouse out when it's released.

Thank you both. Im definately gonna get this mouse. For the past week ive been wanting to get a Copperhead because I hate the design of my G5. But now im gonna wait till October for this.

That mouse looks alright, I just realized that I do push my mx 510 with my fingers as well...

Back