which RAM should i get?

ScretHate

[H]ard|Gawd
That's a pretty expensive upgrade for such a miniscule performance increase.

Originally posted by ScretHate
That's a pretty expensive upgrade for such a miniscule performance increase.

Its not if he's overclocking or wanting the best timings. Mushkin lvl 2 will overclock better then the rest cause of its BH-5 chips and excellent PCB manufactering. Mushkin memory also runs completely error-free at insane overclocks while other even high quality brands can't completely. Backed by a warranty and customer service from Mushkin its worth a few extra bucks. Its cheaper then the Corsair PC3500C2 which uses BH-5 chips.

He's not going to get much over that 210Mhz on PC3200 and CH-5 chips. So he's going to need PC3500 and BH-5 chips just makes it even better. The price difference between it and the kingston hyper pc3500 which uses CH-5 is like a whole $40 or so.

thanks for all the input.. i think i'll be looking into some mushkin level II :D

i got kinda a dumb question though.. does anyone know if newegg will change the color of the heatspreader? i've heard that some place was doing that all you had to do was ask for a differnet one.. not sure if newegg would or not.. the green wont exactly match my color scheme (blue and silver) but if not it wont stop me from getting it

Originally posted by -=iNsAnE=-
thanks for all the input.. i think i'll be looking into some mushkin level II :D

i got kinda a dumb question though.. does anyone know if newegg will change the color of the heatspreader? i've heard that some place was doing that all you had to do was ask for a differnet one.. not sure if newegg would or not.. the green wont exactly match my color scheme (blue and silver) but if not it wont stop me from getting it

Hmm i dont know if newegg would do that or not. I'm in the same boat as you though. I need to order some Mushkin PC3500 for this new system and i definately dont want the ones with the green heatspreaders. I'd much rather have the Blue or Silver ones to match my Abit Max3 mobo.

They're sending out Black as of late.
The colors they have..will vary..But seems like current stock of PC3500 are all black. (three person i know recently got black. they all ordered the single modules of the level II pc3500.)

..the Silver does look awesome btw..:D :)

Originally posted by Drisler
They're sending out Black as of late.
The colors they have..will vary..But seems like current stock of PC3500 are all black. (three person i know recently got black. they all ordered the single modules of the level II pc3500.)

..the Silver does look awesome btw..:D :)

Hey black is definately fine too, i just dont want that shit green lol.

yeah black would match my case and so would silver.. green would be way off though.. i'll probalby call them before i order though to see what they say

Mushkin LvII is the best money can buy, and from there I'd consider it a mix between HyperX and XMS. If you want sheer speed i'd look into OCZ, but personally I wouldn't though it with a 10 foot stolen poll, but they have been putting up some good numbers in some very well respected publications.

Concerning the issue of the Lv.II colours, I recently read in CPU magazine that Mushkin is releasing a new version of the Level Two RAM using purple PCB and new heatspreaders...

Back