• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which quiet fan to get ?

Juic3

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
1,458
I recently got the retail package of the XP-90 that comes with a Panaflo, hasnt arrived yet but I know that fans in the 30's dbA, I want something lower than that. Browsing on newegg, I found a couple that look good:

VANTEC SF9225L 92mm 2 Ball Case Cooling Fan - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999603

Thermaltake Silent Cat
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999136

I think Ill get two, one for the rear of the case, I want good airflow for my 3.0E on the Asus P4P800-SE which Ill be overclocking, looking for a goal of 3.6. Is this posible with these fans or should I stick to the Panaflo that comes with the xp-90.
 
I'd stick to the panaflo or if quiet is what your after then i'd get some yate loon or nexus(modified yate loons) fans. i use a 92mm and 2 120mm yate loons and they are very quiet and even better when undervolted.
 
Obviously the TT Silent Cat isn't 21DBA, they're lieing about that. The Vantec Stealth is a good quiet fan and so are Panaflo's. I would go with whatever one you prefer, they're both respectable companies...
 
I litterally just installed dual 92mm Nexus "Real Silent" fans in place of two 80mm fans and i can say that holy cow are they quiet... its soooooo nice (since i have my case on top of my desk right next to the monitor)

my girlfriend is so happy cause now she can sleep
 
Hexus0 said:
Obviously the TT Silent Cat isn't 21DBA, they're lieing about that. The Vantec Stealth is a good quiet fan and so are Panaflo's. I would go with whatever one you prefer, they're both respectable companies...

Hehe I can expect that from TT, I fell for two of their "quiet" products, the silent purepower 480w, not quiet at all.

I need to order from newegg and these seem the ones they have, will the Vantec Stealth let me overclock nicely still ?
 
i am satisfied with my antec tricool 120mm fans, quieter then my panaflo M1A and move almost same air at full speed(has built in fan speed switch) i ran the fan on my testing psu and was like 'woah' because it was so much quieter then the panaflo
 
Back
Top