• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which Quiet 80mm Fan?

TheHobbyist

Hugs Hard Johnnies [H]ard
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
456
I need a quiet 80 mm fan that can put out at least 20cfm. The fan will be controlled by my motherboard. 80mm fans don't seem to be reviewed often anymore with the popularity of 120mm fans and larger, so I could really use your expert opinions. I am now trying to decide between 3 80mm fans. In no particular order:

Arctic F8 3-pin
Noctua NF-R8
Scythe S-Flex S-FDB

I will be using the motherboard's robust fan control. There is a comparison chart at Quite PC but as we all know, the stats given by the manufacturer don't always tell the true story.

What fan do you think I should go with?
 
I too need a quiet 80mm fan with good static pressure for the mcp35x2 heatsink.
 
If you are planning on having the fan push air through a heatsink then you might want to look at Panaflo fans. I have both the ultra quiet and the medium volume 80mm fans. The medium volume ones can be heard if you don't have any back ground noise. The ultra quiet are barely audible with no back ground noise. I also have the S-Flex SFF80C fans. They are also a barely audible fan but they didn't do as good of a job pushing air through a Black Ice Micro radiator. As for the other fans you have listed I cannot comment on them because I have never used them.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=product_info&cPath=36_37_878&products_id=351

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=product_info&cPath=36_37_878&products_id=877

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...roduct_info&cPath=36_37_871&products_id=25496
 
Back
Top