• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which PSU for this i7 rig?

al3xman

n00b
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
7
i7 920
EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR
OCZ OCZ3X1600LV6GK 6GB PC3-12800
EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GTX 285 1GB
TRUE 120 Black
Cooler Master HAF 932
Cooler Master R4-L2R-20CR-GP 120mm Red LED Fan x2

I've narrowed my PSU selection to four. All of them are modular.
Corsair CMPSU-620HX x3 +12V @ 18A
Thermaltake W0106RU 700w x4 +12V @ 18A
OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700w x2 +12V @ 25A

Would the Corsair work with this rig? I would rather go with this one because of the brand's reputation, however I do feel like the price tag is a bit expensive. How is the OCZ? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews regarding that company, so I am unsure. But the price for it is great.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh nice! Thanks a lot man. Do you know how long the Bing cashback thing is going to be going on for?
 
I have no idea. Last time they had it, it just came and went with no announcements. My friend was in the middle of a transaction with a 25% off cashback when it expired. So one browser had 25% off and one had 20%. The cached 25% still went through but it expires probably whenever MS uses up their allocation of money for cashbacks, which varies on demand.
 
Would the Corsair work with this rig? I would rather go with this one because of the brand's reputation, however I do feel like the price tag is a bit expensive.
The Corsair is plenty.
How is the OCZ? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews regarding that company, so I am unsure. But the price for it is great.
The OCZ PSU is not very good.
 
+1 for Corsair. Been running it since February and it's been solid.
 
Back
Top