Which P67 Mobo?

Well, I have been reading a lot of bad press about the Asus P8P67 mobos. This will be a gaming rig, it will be OCed. And for now running a single videocard, but as prices drop, it will be running SLI.

I'd look at the ASROCK P67 Extreme4 or Extreme6 , or the MSI P67A-GD65, GD55, or GD53.
The Gigabyte boards are pretty good too , but the BIO's on them are kinda finicky & can be a headache to set up.

Problem is its too soon to judge. I mean who even remembers the pricing of the different boards?. I think it is too early to right off the P8P67 series but I could be wrong.

Asrock P67 Extreme 4 or 6.\

Anything else is like saying, "I'm elitist enough that I wish to piss away money on an inferior and more expensive product."

Harsh, I know... but.. I'm going to go wait to order m P67 Sabertooth because I'm vain and stupid >.>

I'm sending back my P67 stuff...

I ordered a X58 set instead.

i7-930, ASUS R3F, GSkill 12 GB CAS6.... 800 bucks.

I'm so sick of crashes and freezing, it's just not worth it. Besides, I get two full x16 PCIE lanes and triple channel memory. The only downside is I'll have to use the Marvell controller for my C300 SSD... but there are some new drivers... so small price to pay for stability.

1155.jpg

you on the US or CDN site?

Sorry crappy screen shot, maybe cause im 1920x1080 IDK. Anyway you can see the top board is the MSI Marshall Big Bang

Perhaps head back over there. I just looked on the US version, and there are several that list as instock. Though I dont see this tick box you refer to

*edit*

The CDN site shows starts for in stock, yet the US site shows many boards in stock

They say in stock on the list like you showed, but if you go to the actual product it says back order. Most likely they're just listing it to get orders before they come back because other sites I've looked for such as newegg and amazon aren't even listing them at all right now.

Click on a board, it will say they have it in stock but will not ship. lol. So i dont know. Im just waiting for amazon to get them instock so I can purchase one and a 2500k.

I have not had any problems with the board in my sig. Yes, the bios feels old, and to me that's good.

Asus is really bad ? WTF are you smoking ? Oh is it because they have their reps in here trying to fix problems and all you read is about people having issues? While the vast majority of people with asus p67 boards are running good. Asus also has the best bios interface and features on their boards. I haven't really had an issue with eithe p67 standard and the sabertooth i currently have other then some sleep issues which iam not even sure if its the board at this point. If you flash your motherboard with a beta bios your taking it in your own hands. if you fuck your own shit up its your own fucking problem stop blaming fucken manufactures for you inability to fucken setup your system properly. As far as motherboard manufacturers you only see Asus reps in here helping their customers and that has to say something about their customer service.

I heard Gigabyte is going to be using a UEFI BIOS.

I'm sure they will. They have to move on like everyone else.

Look, ASUS is a good company with good products. I don't care what manufacturer you pick, you can have problems with any of them. I've held ASUS boards and Gigabyte boards next to each other and I prefer the way Gigabyte builds a board.

I will not buy a board that I know has a chip from VIA on it. Period. That ruled out ASUS for me this time around.

I'm sending back my P67 stuff...

I ordered a X58 set instead.

i7-930, ASUS R3F, GSkill 12 GB CAS6.... 800 bucks.

I'm so sick of crashes and freezing, it's just not worth it. Besides, I get two full x16 PCIE lanes and triple channel memory. The only downside is I'll have to use the Marvell controller for my C300 SSD... but there are some new drivers... so small price to pay for stability.

me too, simply for triple channel support! I also have a C300... so no native SATA 3 from Intel on these? I haven't looked into it yet...Thanks

me too, simply for triple channel support! I also have a C300... so no native SATA 3 from Intel on these? I haven't looked into it yet...Thanks

The X58 still uses an ICH - the ICH10R - that does not natively support SATA 6.0 Gbps.

Back