Which p45

Not that I need to add my input, but I'll just voice another "aye" to the p5q pro. Curiously same specs as so many other people. E8400, 4gb BallistX 800.

Still, a chip that overclocked so well. Shame to give it up. hopefully your friend makes good use of it.

On a side note, I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with this system right now. So I'm going to go get a few beers, and try again in the AM

It is, but my E5200 is not that bad of an overclocker, and even then, my master plan has come together, my friend thats purchasing the chip is probably gonna upgrade to i7 during the summer, So who knows i can prob buy it back cheap.

I have the P35-DS3L and the BIOS is lacking, although I hear the BIOS is so much more expanded with the P45 chipset. Also, I know for a fact the Maximus II Formula overclocks amazingly well. My friend (JDM_WAAAAT on these forums) got his E8600 to 4.72 stable on it. He actually reached the limit of his particular chip before reaching the motherboard limit. And due to the high amount of reviews of the P5Q, it seems to offer a better price:performance. So I'd recommend either ASUS.

Because he knows the fsb limit on the chip/board, and hasn't yet achieved that on the chip. ( By this I mean he had the multiplier down to the lowest, and found the highest stable fsb)

Back