• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which one would you choose?

RHollister

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
207
So after tweeking the overclock I am stuck between a couple of settings.

#1 ) I can get my CPU to run at ~2.8(9.5x191) but that is with the 266 memory divider so now my ram runs at 2.5-3-3-6 1T @~ 186 Mhz.

#2 ) If i just up the divider to the 333 I have to drop the HT to 285 resulting in (9.5x285~2.7) and I have to loosen the 1T timing to 2T. Now I have my RAM running at 226Mhz.

So i guess my question is should I sacrafice the 1T timing and the extra 100Mhz for the nearly 40Mhz increase in memory speed? I ran the #1 setup for quite some time but just got sick of looking at CPUID and seeing my DDR400 RAM running at DDR372. What do you guys think? The rest of my rig is in my sig.
 
bump, come on guys i post something other than "what HSF should i use" or "are these temps to high" and dont get a response?
 
simple. benchmark the programs that you use that really stress your system and see which works better. Which clocking works better will probably depend on the type of program you use it on.
 
Back
Top