• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which one would you buy?

The Doctor

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
107
Sup guys. I've been noticing lots of ads on kijiji for GTX 280s for ~$200. I know, amazing, especially in Canadia.
The alternative however is the Radeon 5830 for ~$250.

I mainly plan on using it for BOINC projects (SETI, MIlkyway etc.) If I choose the radeon im stuck to only collatz and milkyway. If I choose the 280 I can use it towards SETI. If ATI had more support for other projects I would choose the 5830 in a heartbeat. I'm currently using a 1400x900 monitor (loliknow) and don't really game as much as I used to.

There are pros and cons to each card and I'm really lost as to which one to choose. So, I've come to you guys. Which one would you guys pick?
 
If you don't game than get the cheaper one, the 280. It's a better folder anyway. Both cards are also overkill for your resolution, gaming wise.
 
Back
Top