Which one should I buy?

RMB

n00b
Hello there, I would ask advice for choose between some monitors. Im looking for the image quality above all other specs.

- DELL U2414H

- DELL U2412M

- DELL S2440L

- LIYAMA ProLite X2483HSU

- EIZO FS2333 / EV2336W

- BenQ GW2760HS

- NEC EA234 WMI

- Samsung Syncmaster S27C750P

As can be seen, there are several technologies, like VA, IPS and Glossy. I dont know which one offers more quality image...

Oh I forgot to say that my current monitor es Gloosy (very nice vibrant colors).

Regards!

I'll respond for the Dell U2412M:
-- Matte screen
-- Sharp picture via DisplayPort or DVI input (haven't used VGA)
-- 6-bit IPS panel--I have no complaints about the color gamut, but an 8-bit panel might be better for someone in the photography, graphics or design fields

. . . and I'll respond for the Eizo EV2336W. I just returned it.

The EV2336 had terrible backlight leakage along the bottom of the screen, and awful uniformity when viewing a white test screen. The only positive is that the image was sharp and it calibrated nicely, yielding perfectly straight and overlapping curves.

I have the EV2336W and its very good. Not 100% perfect but still very good. The only problems are one dead pixel in the top left and a tiny bit of backlight bleed on the top but not bad enough to return. Uniformity is good as well. Not 100% perfect but no obvious anomalies and certainly better than most monitors I have had in the past. By the sounds of things you got really unlucky with yours.

I will add that Eizo's QA on their mainstream monitors is questionable, certainly it does not live up to the Japanese definition of high quality expectations. From what I have picked up from users around these parts and my own experience.

Nonetheless if you get a good one its a great monitor. Excellent image quality and virtually zero input lag.

Last edited:
Back