Which one of these case?

reminiser16

Limp Gawd
I have the armor case. It's huge. I mean, it's really big, most certainly something you dont' want to drag along to a lan party. On the other hand, it's a solid case that allows for a TON of stuff to be put inside. There are 11 expansion bays, I believe. Anyway, I'd say get the Armor case. I'm glad I got mine.

I still don't see the point of a window on a PC. If your PC is on the floor, you're not going to see it, right? Don't get me wrong though, seeing your computer guts in "action" is cool, but for how long?

Burner27 said:
I still don't see the point of a window on a PC. If your PC is on the floor, you're not going to see it, right? Don't get me wrong though, seeing your computer guts in "action" is cool, but for how long?
Which is why i said doesnt have to have one.

Burner27 said:

For as long as people come over and admire your dynamite wiring job. :D

I like the Li Lis, but I think the Tt would be much more practical with cooling and customization, as well as easier to work with because of its size. Not sure about the "doors" though.

I like having a window on my case because I can easily see if the fans are spinning up, or if there are any cables dangling around. I don't use it for the "wow" factor, but more for a situational analysis purpose.

I'd recomend either the TT Armor or the TJ-06 that Deathjester linked to.

reminiser16 said:
Which is why i said doesnt have to have one.

But you did say it's a "plus"--but WHY is it a plus?

Seeing your fans spin up or to see if you have a wire dangling is a pretty weak excuse to have a window. If you have done your wiring job right, you shouldn't have wires dangling and if you have fan monitoring capabilities, those alarms should tell you if you have problems. Either way, if you have a window or have the alarms set for the fans and something goes wrong, you're going to have to take that side panel off to get at them anyways.

I guess I am just thinking practically not aesthetically.

Burner27 said:

Seeing your fans spin up or to see if you have a wire dangling is a pretty weak excuse to have a window. If you have done your wiring job right, you shouldn't have wires dangling and if you have fan monitoring capabilities, those alarms should tell you if you have problems. Either way, if you have a window or have the alarms set for the fans and something goes wrong, you're going to have to take that side panel off to get at them anyways.

Its a plus because its my first case ive ever baught and ive always owned a case without a window. But whatever Gets the job done I really don't care.

I had the Lian Li and LOVED it, but I wanted something with quieter cooling. I got the TT Tsunami Dream and the case is flimsier and not as nice to work with, but cools better and is quieter. A bud of mine who also had the Lian Li case got one of those Silverstone cases Deathjester linked to and he likes it a lot. Says it cools way better then the lian li, and the build quality is similar... ;)

I put a build list together for a friend. The first one you listed was the first thing I put on the list.

I personally opted for one I came across in our hot deals section that was considerably cheaper, but basically what I was looking for.

http://www.dealsonic.com/skmssialatxm.html

The Lian-Li is a nice choice, I have it, just make sure you get the one with the 120MM fans if you get that. Basically all the cases mentioned are good cases, from the Antec P180 to the Silverstone TJ-06, seems like everyone mentions these cases, so its really what you like by personal preference. You can't go wrong with any of these cases...

I'd go with the Lian-Li. Although, I don't understand spending $125 on a case just to mod it. You'd think the idea would be to spend a lot less and make it work better, or look like a $125+ case. Kinda like OCing, or modding a Honda...

sirholio said:
I put a build list together for a friend. The first one you listed was the first thing I put on the list.

I personally opted for one I came across in our hot deals section that was considerably cheaper, but basically what I was looking for.

http://www.dealsonic.com/skmssialatxm.html

I was in the same situation, I wanted a Lian-Li but found this from another thread and bought it because it was cheaper. I love this case.

Burner27 said:

as much as i dont lik windows, having a window actually saved my computer's life wen i saw the weird flashes from my power supply ;)

N H O said:
as much as i dont lik windows, having a window actually saved my computer's life wen i saw the weird flashes from my power supply ;)

See, now that's a valid excuse. A rare predicament you had there.

if it has to be one of the 2 the Lian Li, i dont reccomend a TT case ever, they are junk, cheaply made. if cooling is an issue mod it to cool the way you want it.

If you're buying something to mod, the Lian Li cases are excellent. The one posted above is very nice, but the PC65B is cheaper and will give you a little more to mod. Either way, the build quality of Lian Li is hard to beat. As mentioned above, the TT cases are very flimsy. The only reason I have a TT Tsunami case is that my lian li didn't cool as well, plus I gave my PC65B to my son already... :rolleyes:

Darkala said:
if it has to be one of the 2 the Lian Li, i dont reccomend a TT case ever, they are junk, cheaply made. if cooling is an issue mod it to cool the way you want it.

another Tt hater. I own a Tsunami, it has been a great little case. Easy to work with. Not Li Li quality, but much less expensive.

Back