Which one is better performing?

what do u need it for?
xeon isnt 4 gaming

i beleive the e6300 is very good for ocing

Gaming
Video/Photo Editing
Internet Surfing
School

I was leaning towards the Xeon...because it sounds from reviews it is a E6300 that can overclock higher.....[i could be wrong so don't quote me :)]

These are pretty much the same processor. The Xeon might overclock better. Just because Xeons aren't marketed for gaming does not mean they don't work for gaming.
Ribs

They are literally the same processor, just laser marked differently. Neither is better than the other in performance.

Just get an asus p5b, not the deluxe but the other one. I have the deluxe wifi and its an amzing board, but the other one is less money but the same board minus wifi

No.

The P5B-E, The P5B-Deluxe, or the P5B-E SLI are good overclockers.

The regular P5B doesn't overclock very well

Dude, you should seriously do some research before you just buy a motherboard on a whim. It's not a purchase that's easy to swap out later on. Thinking about buying an nForce 570 board with that CPU says to me that you don't know what your doing. If you want to overclock an E6300 or similar CPU, you will need a seriously nice (but not necessarily expensive) motherboard to get its full potential. Read reviews and take your time. We can recommend things to you, but IMO a motherboard purchase is a very personal decision that nobody can or should really decide for you. You really need to do some more reading before you pull out that credit card.

In your price range I would look at:
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
ASUS P5B-E
ASUS P5B-E SLI

But do yourself a favor and don't just buy one because it's cheap!

the p5b mostly have problems w/ the jmicron drivers. get the p5b-e.
the xeon is better. since it is a server chip, it is tested more harshly than that of the consumer everyday chip the e6300.

No.

The P5B-E, The P5B-Deluxe, or the P5B-E SLI are good overclockers.

The regular P5B doesn't overclock very well

Dude, you should seriously do some research before you just buy a motherboard on a whim. It's not a purchase that's easy to swap out later on. Thinking about buying an nForce 570 board with that CPU says to me that you don't know what your doing. If you want to overclock an E6300 or similar CPU, you will need a seriously nice (but not necessarily expensive) motherboard to get its full potential. Read reviews and take your time. We can recommend things to you, but IMO a motherboard purchase is a very personal decision that nobody can or should really decide for you. You really need to do some more reading before you pull out that credit card.

In your price range I would look at:
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
ASUS P5B-E
ASUS P5B-E SLI

But do yourself a favor and don't just buy one because it's cheap!
I like this one from reviews and other info: ASUS P5B-E

Good choice?

I like this one from reviews and other info: ASUS P5B-E

Good choice?

It's a great board that you will most likely be happy with.

But, you'll need to cancel your account with [H] and make a new one "INTEL RULES" before I can give you any overclocking advice... Sorry.

:p

Gigabyte 965P S3.....

Just get that and forget Asus.

You got it right! I just got the Gigabyte & love it! Requested an RMA on my Asus board 29 days ago & can't even get a reply from them!(2 tries,no reply) This was on a less than one year old board (A8N-SLI Premium) with a supposed 3 year warranty! NEVER again, their QC has gone to POT!........................................:mad:

They are literally the same processor, just laser marked differently. Neither is better than the other in performance.

Here's one, good thing I found this thread before I ordered the final part...

Is the E6300 1.86 Core 2 Duo Chip good for HD DVD Viewing, HD Editing, 3D Work, and audio editing? I was thinking of buying the E6400, but if I can save money until the rumored price drop on all intel chips in March, so much the better ;).

I'm mostly concerned about HD DVD slowdown.

Thanks!

Back