which old console would you own?

if you could only have 1 older console (no current gen) what would it be? Genesis? NES? SNES? Maybe even older.

I would have to say mine would be the genesis something about the games just grabbed me. i liked the snes but didn't pull me in as much as sega did

The one old console I own now is the NES, with about 20 or so games for it.

If I had my ultimate choice it would be a sick modded OG Xbox...which would be loaded with every emul8r ever made lmao OMG ucantsaythatinamurrikkka

That's a tough one...

Probably either Dreamcast, Saturn (I know odd choice) or SNES.

But if I had to choose, probably Dreamcast

It can definitely do those :p heheh

Seriously though, I've owned almost every system since the NES and it's just tough to pick one.

I'd probably have to go with SNES. Some of my favorite old school games are on the SNES.

SNES.

Then I'd get me some of those awesome RPGs, a bunch of caffinated beverages and take a few days off work.

None of them. Not due to me not liking them, but emulators do a much better job of making the older games work well on a 16:9 screen that's designed for much higher resolution. They can upscale and smooth things out so the games essentially look like how they were supposed to instead of a pixelated mess.

Dreamcast or Mega CD (and therefore Megadrive) for me. Megadrive1 + MegaCD1 = most bad ass looking console ever :D

I used to have a Genesis (Mega Drive) with a Sega CD (original), 32X, and a Master System converter. That thing was massive.

thats a tough one

I really liked, and have very fond memories of, the N64, Genesis, NES and Turbo Grafix 16 as a kid

The original playstation had some killer games too

I used to have a Genesis (Mega Drive) with a Sega CD (original), 32X, and a Master System converter. That thing was massive.

Man that would have been a sight to behold, I need to go and find a pic of it now :D

Could you fit the 32x into the MS convertor tho?

EDIT - Doesn't look like it, best I could get was either or......altho the bottom is US Sega CD with a Japanese Megadrive, surely that just ain't gonna work?

Last edited:
phillips cdi. theres some games on there id like to finish ( no tigerblade, not voyeur!!) there were some odd games on their but quite good. i still have some video cds somewhere aswell lol

Man that would have been a sight to behold, I need to go and find a pic of it now

Could you fit the 32x into the MS convertor tho?

EDIT - Doesn't look like it, best I could get was either or......altho the bottom is US Sega CD with a Japanese Megadrive, surely that just ain't gonna work?

That 2nd picture looks pretty much like my old setup. You couldn't use the Master System converter and the 32X at the same time. You just had to swap 'em out.
the 32X is probably the worst system I ever owned. I think the only game I ever had for it was Cosmic Carnage (a fighting game). I borrowed a couple other games for it from the one other person I knew that had one and they sucked too.

I had a Jaguar and it was probably the 2nd worst system I ever owned behind the 32X. It played FPS games really well (for the time) but it sucked at everything else. AvP, Doom, Wolfenstein, and Tempest were the only games on it that were worth a damn.

I really hope the guys at Diehard Gamefan magazine enjoyed losing their jobs after hyping that machine like it was the 2nd coming of the NES. I'm still convinced those guys were paid off.

I had a Jaguar and it was probably the 2nd worst system I ever owned behind the 32X. It played FPS games really well (for the time) but it sucked at everything else. AvP, Doom, Wolfenstein, and Tempest were the only games on it that were worth a damn.

I really hope the guys at Diehard Gamefan magazine enjoyed losing their jobs after hyping that machine like it was the 2nd coming of the NES. I'm still convinced those guys were paid off.

a friend of mine used to have a jaguar cd and I actually liked the system a lot. For it's day, it was a pretty decent console (then again, I was probably like 15 when it come out).

AVP was outstanding, although I tried going back and playing it through an emulator recently and it's not nearly as cool as I remember it being :p go figure

Back