Which of these monitors should i get?

the_stig

n00b
If you had to choose between these two monitors, which would you go for? I'd ordinarily go for the cheaper, better-performing one, but I've never had any experience with Sceptre, while I've seen and heard great things about BenQ.

What's your recommendation?

BenQ for 299.99
Code:
The 20” wide BenQ FP202W flat panel monitor brings you the best in color, brightness, design and overall screen performance. Delivering remarkable clarity, and true to life contrast to enhance your visual experience. Features include high contrast, crisp text, and lightning 8ms super fast response time - all in an ultra-slim, lightweight design that is a perfect fit for any user.

Display:

* Screen Size: 20" Wide DVI LCD
    * Resolution: 1680 x 1050 WSXGA+
    * Pixel Pitch: 0.258mm
    * Brightness: 300 cd/m²
    * Contrast Ratio: 600:1
    * Viewing Angle: 140° H/130° V
    * Response time: 8ms

Input Connection:

* VGA Signal Connector
    * DVI-D Cable

Additional Features:

* 20" Screen Size
    * Power Consumption: 60W (max)

Accessories:

* Included VGA Cable
    * Included DVI Cable

General:

* Color: Black
    * Dimensions: 18.9"W x 15.6”H x 6.7”D
    * Weight: 12.6lbs.
    * Power Supply: Built-in

Sceptre for 269.99

Code:
Sceptre offers space-saving LCD monitors that display sharp, brilliant images. "X" series monitors are energy-efficient flat panels for Professional and Home Users.

Display:

* Screen Size: 20.1" WSXGA+ TFT LCD
    * Resolution: 1680 x 1050
    * Pixel Pitch: 0.25mm
    * Brightness: 300nit cd/m²
    * Contrast Ratio: 800:1
    * Output Color: 16.7 million colors
    * Viewing Angle: 176° H/176° V
    * Response time: 8ms

Input Connection:

* DVI 24-pin connector (480p, 720p and 1080i/1080p)
    * VGA 15-pin mini D-Sub  

Additional Features:

* Speakers
    * Audio In

General:  

* Dimensions: 17.5" W x 14.75" H x 9" D
    * Weight: 18 lbs.
    * Power Supply: AC100-240V, 50Hz/60Hz
    * Warranty: 1 Year Limited

feel free to recommend other similarly priced options, but make sure you also post which of these two you would choose

I would recommend the dell 2007wfp for some reasons which im going to list.

1.) good customer service (i recommend using chat or forum, not calling it since its phone calls are forwarded to india-- language barrier) if you need to RMA your lcd. No hassles. free overnight advance exchange.
2.) its ~$100 more, but if you get stuck pixels or what ever reason u are not satisfied with you r monitor. exchange it.
3.) no backlight bleed.
4.) clear, sharp monitor with no banding (not any more since the fix)
5.) vibrant color.

:) those are my reason. I dont know abotu that spectre. its really not a big name brand.

i'm leaning toward the benq at this point.

does anyone have any experience with sceptres?

sceptres actually been around longer then most other LCD manufacturers, thing is they only recently started selling there wares with there own name. they were a big time company selling there stuff under the guise of 3rd party companies many of which make there own stuff today. If you do a bit of digging you will find this info out...

I have had my benq for two years now, with no problems. That would be my choice.

I can't speak for the quality of the Sceptre because I have never tried it, but I have been very happy with my Benq FP202w.

Unless something changed since I bought mine, the Benq monitors come with a 3 year warranty which includes the backlight. Unlike the poor 1 year warranty on the Sceptre.
I know when I was first shopping for a widescreen, that 1 year warranty was a huge turnoff for me.

I would read the user reviews on Newegg about the Benq. Most like it. I know there are a couple of online reviews that are nothing but BS.

papito_85 said:
I have had my benq for two years now, with no problems. That would be my choice.

were they even out two years ago? with a response time of 8ms? (just wondering)

I've had my 2005fpw for about a year and would recommend the 2007fpw.. but if its outside of your budget, its understandable.. in that case I probably would go with the benq

Benq and Sceptre both make crap. Buy the NEC 20WMGX2 if yo want a quality monitor. Best 20 inch wide out there.

I like my dell 2005fpw:) but if you dont want to spend that much, i'd go with the BenQ

Back