• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which NVidia card to choose?

xplicit

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
1,333
I currently run an ATI 9600XT, what NVidia card would be a step-up in AGP performance?
 
6600gt any of the 6800 series would be a step up. If you do go with the 6800 series I personally do not like the 6800, I'd much rather go with 6600gt over a 6800. I personally think for the price/performance the 6800gt is the best, but I have one so I'm a little biased :p .
 
sorry if im stealing your thread but...

GFreeman9...
Why dont you like the 6800nu? Everyone else i've talked to said get the 6800 over the 6600GT. It has the possibility of being unlocked, greatly increasing the performance, and overclocked pretty well. Just looking for some more insight into your thinkin.

Thanks
 
It depends on your budget. A 6600GT on up should do it. Personally I like my 6800nu
 
Seizure Explosion said:
7800 GTX KO in SLI. Because you're rich and you like to run down puppies with your car for sport.

He said AGP ;)

Well, the first question to ask when someone ask for an upgrade is primarily "what is your budget?" and it has already been asked, but not answered. This helps us to make the right recommendation.

So, if you can afford a 6800GT, this is the way to go. There is the Ultra but not worth the price compared to the performance gained. If not, then consider 6800NU or 6600GT, both will offer a substantial and significant performance boost over your 9600.

Para
 
Z(+)DIAC said:
Hhaaha, too shy to tell us of your budget?

Under $150? :p

Like everyone eles has said... Go for a 6600GT, Good price... Good card :)
 
Definitely go with a 6800NU then. I enjoy my 6600gt OC, but I purchased it back in January when it was the cheapest, but you will definitely see more bang for your buck with the 6800.
 
Back
Top