Which nVidia card for 3 x 24 Inch Displays

dreadwing

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2012
Hi,

Hi have 3 24 Nec 2490WUXI's and want to run all 3 on a single card. Can you recommend a relatively silent, cool running nvidia card? I've been looking at the 680 and 670 but not sure which model to go with. I play a fair amount of games, but want something that will perform well for a 3 screen solution.

Should I go 2 or 4GB for 3 screen?

Since all 3 monitor have only DVI ports, would i use a HDMI to DVI cable for the 3rd screen?

Thanks

Last edited:
HDMI to DVI or straight HDMI.

That monitor would only use the first cable though. This setup will work assuming you don't have something special in that monitor. I did it with three Dell P2312s.

Beside saying the 670 is capable of driving most games at decent settings at decent framerates at that resolution, I am of no help. I haven't done extensive testing, and have no experience with the 680. I wasn't disappointed in the 670s performance in the couple of hours I had surround set up. Of course, the 680 will be better.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have something setup like this that can recommend some good card choices for 3 screens off a single video card?

If you intend to do 3 screen gaming, you need as much raw GPU power as possible and frame buffer too.
So, if you got the funding, 680 4GB is likely the best to recommend.

Or GTX 690, lol...

If you intend to do 3 screen gaming, you need as much raw GPU power as possible and frame buffer too.

Or GTX 690, lol...

/bonk. GTX 690 has 2gb frame buffer.

Which model 680 4GB would you recommend. Between the various vendors, which has optimal cooling and runs the most quiet.

Or GTX 690, lol...

You should be good with one GTX 680 4GB per screen. 4-way SLI Surround has driver problems right now, unknown when they'll be fixed.

Back