which netbook?

badbadtz560

Limp Gawd
I've been looking at the lenovo s10s and the eee pcs (some) and acer aspire ones... can anyone recommend one to me based upon ease of upgrading (ram and hd), battery life, everything else?

For now, let's just say cost isn't a concern

Someone told me they'd have netbooks that last longer than 3 hours.. but I haven't seen those anywhere.

The brand new Asus 1000HE is the one I would be looking at. Most places are taking pre-orders but I'm sure I read somewhere that some vendors are just starting to get them now.

Easily upgradable system, 9.5 hr. battery, 10" screen, 160GB Hard drive, 1GB ram, Wireless B/G/N, integrated bluetooth... hey, what's not to love? And the new keyboard looks great! Cheers!

James

The brand new Asus 1000HE is the one I would be looking at. Most places are taking pre-orders but I'm sure I read somewhere that some vendors are just starting to get them now.

Easily upgradable system, 9.5 hr. battery, 10" screen, 160GB Hard drive, 1GB ram, Wireless B/G/N, integrated bluetooth... hey, what's not to love? And the new keyboard looks great! Cheers!

James

Mine just shipped from J and R :D ... paid $365 shipped...

Won't be here till next week, but I'm going out of town anyways and still have my other laptop.

Is the HE just the newer version of the H with the bluetooth/802.11N? Same cells but 2 more hours of battery and cosmetic differences in keyboard it seems?

Pretty much.. but the cheap price, the upgraded keyboard, wireless N, bluetooth, and upgraded battery were all worth it for me...

Is the HE just the newer version of the H with the bluetooth/802.11N? Same cells but 2 more hours of battery and cosmetic differences in keyboard it seems?
I think the biggest difference is that it uses the the new GN40 chipset and N280 CPU that are supposedly significantly more efficient.

the Samsung NC10! i havent heard a single bad review for it yet, im setting aside some cash so i can get it soon and if you buy a 9 cell battery also you can get up to 20 hours max, in real life i'm thinking about 17-18 hours but still great battery life will be getting one soon, that is if i dont give up and get a dell mini 9, just cuz there cheap

Yea, sucks... oh well... I didn't really buy it for the extra 60mhz of CPU speed :eek: or the chipset...

Though it would have been nice to try out 720p decoding.

I may just encode my own movies at lower bit-rates at 576p (Huh?) just for the Eee... bet I could get HD Movies at ~4GB a piece... I do a lot of video editing/encoding... :)

Just bought the 1000HE on Sunday, it shipped yesterday and it's sitting right in front of me now. It's wicked, go buy it!

Also it cost me ~$500CAD shipped, grr Canada.

Though it would have been nice to try out 720p decoding.

I may just encode my own movies at lower bit-rates at 576p (Huh?) just for the Eee... bet I could get HD Movies at ~4GB a piece... I do a lot of video editing/encoding... :)

I know the GN40 chipset was heralded as being able to handle 720p, from what I've read, i could have sworn the 1000he w/N280 atom could handle 720p content, you're just limited by the display.

All my movies are 1080p already, so it might not be that big of a deal to re-encode the ones I like down to a format that fits the Eee perfectly :D

I've been looking at the lenovo s10s and the eee pcs (some) and acer aspire ones... can anyone recommend one to me based upon ease of upgrading (ram and hd), battery life, everything else?

For now, let's just say cost isn't a concern

Someone told me they'd have netbooks that last longer than 3 hours.. but I haven't seen those anywhere.

I have an s10 and it's fine but now I wish I had purchased a netbook with a proper right shift key. Also for some reason you can't get the on board gfx to use 256mb--stuck at 128. Also you can't overclock... also read this before buying:

http://www.s10lenovo.com/

Good luck! ;)

NC10 for a real keyboard, matte screen and sweet battery life.

Anyone know of any info on upcoming (fall this year) netbooks or cpu tech? Will there be another rev of the atom this year? Reason I ask, is I'm going back to school this fall and am eyeing a netbook for notetaking / light use on campus, and was wondering if there are going to be any sweet releases later this year (Q4, 2009).

Anyone know of any info on upcoming (fall this year) netbooks or cpu tech? Will there be another rev of the atom this year? Reason I ask, is I'm going back to school this fall and am eyeing a netbook for notetaking / light use on campus, and was wondering if there are going to be any sweet releases later this year (Q4, 2009).

lenovo will be releasing a 12" ion netbook soonish

I was specifically wondering about any upcoming news on the EEE pc front, wondering when they were going to see a decent revolution upgrade.

Any links on the lenovo / ion speculation?

Back