• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which mp3 player

Vtecaddict

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
139
I'm having a really hard time deciding which MP3 player I want to get. I think i've narrowed it down to 3 models.

Apple's 30gig Ipod
Creative's 30gig nomad
Iriver's 20gig

They're all priced fairly the same... with apple being the most expensive. I have experience with mp3 players so any info or opinions on previous purchases would be appreciated.

I also have a "MP3 player input" on the front of my cars headunit. It looks as if I could plug a wire from the mp3 player to the headunit. I'm wondering how I would utilize this because one of the main reasons for me to get this mp3 player is so I can use it in the car.
 
I would get the creative one since it's cheaper than both the other one is most places and it's a better bang for the buck.
 
just a word of warning that mp3 player in car is bad; looking for just the right song as that bread truck jumps infronta ya..
 
I use a 30 gig ipod video right now. I think I would still go with that one since you get the video capabilities and the size is nice. Not sure how big the Zen is but I do like the thinness of the ipod. Also they already have so many accessories and stuff for the ipod, plus you know they are just going to come out with more add ons and such.
 
Vtecaddict said:
They're all priced fairly the same... with apple being the most expensive.
Are you aware that Apple offers a student discount on its products, including the iPod series? It's about a 10% discount, so keep that in mind if this applies to you.
I also have a "MP3 player input" on the front of my cars headunit. It looks as if I could plug a wire from the mp3 player to the headunit. I'm wondering how I would utilize this because one of the main reasons for me to get this mp3 player is so I can use it in the car.
It's a line level input. Basically, any portable device with a line out or most headphone outs can use the "MP3 player input." Just buy a 1/8" male to 2x RCA male cable from any electronics store. Here's a picture for reference,

http://www.installer.com/photos/ipod-rca.jpg
 
xonik said:
Are you aware that Apple offers a student discount on its products, including the iPod series? It's about a 10% discount, so keep that in mind if this applies to you.It's a line level input. Basically, any portable device with a line out or most headphone outs can use the "MP3 player input." Just buy a 1/8" male to 2x RCA male cable from any electronics store. Here's a picture for reference,

http://www.installer.com/photos/ipod-rca.jpg


Ya i am aware of that... it'll basically take care of tax and tad extra. :)

I just went to a local computer place today and found that male to male connector for 3.50. It wasnt a male to 2x RCA connector though... this one is just the same connector on both sides... the same size as a headphone plug would be. I wanna say the wire was like 2.5mm or something. I'm still kinda stuck on the ipod or the zen though.

I really like the black 30gig ipod and I would get that but this is 100bucks cheaper and even though I'll ask for it for christmas I'd still like to make a wise purchase.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855102204
 
Vtecaddict said:
I just went to a local computer place today and found that male to male connector for 3.50. It wasnt a male to 2x RCA connector though... this one is just the same connector on both sides... the same size as a headphone plug would be. I wanna say the wire was like 2.5mm or something.
Try a place that sells consumer electronics more than computers, like Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, etc.
 
xonik said:
Try a place that sells consumer electronics more than computers, like Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, etc.

Well no I mean I found what i needed. The male to male connector is what I need... I dont need the 2 RCA's.

This should make it more clear... here is my cd player as you can see on the right hand side there is a small "Mp3 input" (AUX input.)
http://www.coplace.com/c/electronic...io/jvc-kd-sh707-in-dash-car-cd-mp3-player.htm

Pretty friggin sweet that all I have to do is buy a 3$ wire to connect... most people have to mess with those stupid FM modulators.
 
Back
Top