Which Mouse?

Greeink

Weaksauce
Hopefully posted this in the most reasonable area...

I've been looking to replace my Microsoft wireless mouse, as I no long enjoy it. I do some gaming and a lot of "media" related tasks... Been looking at these two for quite some time, but cannot decide on which to get.. if any.

Anyone had any experiences with either of these two?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/m...=15&A16=16&A17=17&A18=18&A19=19&A20=20&A21=21

Leaning towards the Performance MX.. as I'm not so sure that the MX Air would be any good with gaming (Using a hard surface).. although I'm not a "hardcore" gamer.

I'm open for other recommendations..

Much appreciated,
Greeink

I LOVE my MX revolution, and my older MX1000

Would recommend them to anyone.

One I use at work, and the other I use in my living room on my media/gaming PC/TV

They suit both needs.

100_2417.jpg

I would HIGHLY reccomend the Razer Mamba. I'm not a Razer fanboy and hate them to death, but its honestly the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. Not too mention wireless/wired mode = awesome.

Does it have to be wireless?

if not then pick one of these
1. intellimouse 3.0
2. mx518
3. deathadder

i dont know (or care) about wireless mice sorry :(

Wireless is a must.

Thanks for the recommendations though fellas...

Also.. it does appear that the MX is for a notebook? The receiver is awfully small... and I'm willing to bet I would not get very much response if plugged in via USB on my desktop? Yikes, so this one may be out of the question...

I've heard good things about the Mamba, but I'm really hesitant as I really hate the "look"... but I guess it's not all about that is it!

Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:
Budget?

Microsoft X8
MX Performance
MX Revolution
MX 1100
Razer Mamba

The MX Revolution is meant for a desktop; the VX Revolution is smaller and meant for notebook or desktop use. The VX Nano is meant primarily for notebooks.

Look into the Logitech G7 mouse. I've been using for several years, and it works awesome.

I recently gave up on wireless after going thru my 3rd wireless mouse. Unreliable response was the main reason. I may have some electrical anomaly where I us my mouse but whatever, I became so frustrating I hated to even use the computer.

I replace it with an MX 518 and tacked the cable up over the leve of the mouse so I never feel it's weight or feel like I'm dragging it. The MX 518 is an awesome mouse and does everything I need it to do flawlessly.

I'd personally recommend the MX1100. I got one a couple of months ago to upgrade from a MX700 and it's been great for me, I really like it. It took a little to get used to while gaming but now I really don't have any problems with it.

Awesome recommendations guys. I will take all of them into consideration when I make my purchase, which hopefully will be some time very soon. :D

Actually, all of these just make my decision that much more difficult... It isn't just a mouse people! ;)

EDIT
Well, I may now have to put my "quest" in looking for a new mouse on hold... as my illuminated keyboard from Logitech has yet another defect. This is the second one that has been replaced... Hopefully I can get this one replaced, but I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the problems I'm having with it.. it's a shame, as it's overall a great keyboard. :(

Last edited:
I had the performance MX, and I liked it, but for gaming, it was a bit heavy.

If you do not game it is very sexy.

I had the MX revolution. I paid 129.99 for it when it was new. What ended up happening was the sensor was so imprecise. I loved the ergonomics, but my cursor would never go where I wanted and it bothered me. Later the charger wouldn't charge I guess because the contacts got old. Wireless mice are nice, but the MX revolution of mine didn't work well for games. I loved the wheel though.

I've used a lot of gaming mice over the years and the Microsoft X8 is the best of all of them, it's the perfect mouse. Zero lag for wireless and quite cheap.

I replaced my MX1000 (battery life was getting weak after 4+ years and the docking is getting flaky) with an MX1100. It seems a bit heavier with 2 AA batteries in it but I'm getting used to it. Not quite as good as my MX1000 in some respects and better than others. MX1000 was still my favorite.

Another vote for the Performance MX. I've got the MX Revolution and it's great. I don't do any hardcore FPS gaming, for which it might not be the best; however, for general use, and even RTS/MMO games, it's fantastic. Download uberoptions and use it in conjunction with SetPoint, and you've got an extremely ergonomic, flexible mouse. Uberoptions is what makes this mouse great in my opinion.

If you don't mind stepping back a generation, the MX Revolution has been going on sale for ~$40 quite a bit lately with the introduction of its successor. If you can still find it for that price, and you don't need the unifying receiver, might be worth looking into.

i have a mx revolution and just love it. ive never had any lag issues whatsoever. that being said i think mine is starting to have tracking issues (after 4 years) so i may have to replace mine as well. the new performance mx looks aslmost hte same, except it doesnt have a dock, which is totally stupid, and it has those dumb ass metal pieces running through it. seems to perform ok though, although if i had to choose id take an mx revo over the newer performance mx.

+1 for the Microsoft x8. I was about to buy the Mamba, but saw the x8 on sale at Fry's for 50. For 50 bux you can't go wrong... not as comfortable as the Mamba but I know my wallet is.

I use the Performance's little brother for my laptop.

My Mighty Mouse actually died recently so I had to resort to using this thing. Its a great mouse, so I would only imagine that the Big Boy would @ least be just as good.

Look into the Logitech G7 mouse. I've been using for several years, and it works awesome.
I love my G7, but I had to RMA it once and the second one now only works for a bout 10 seconds, then stops working for 30 seconds, then starts working again.

I dont know what is going on, I don't want a different mouse, but don't want to buy another if the first two I had went bad in a little more then a year :/

Back