• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which mouse to get?

matrix563

Fully [H]
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
19,136
First, logitech mice only I am considering, don't recommend me anything else as I do not want :D

I need a mouse to pair with my g15 original i am getting from ubergeek on friday :)

considering these mice:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104079 g9

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104244 mx1100

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076 g5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178 mx518

The main thing is that all these mice have 2 side thumb buttons (thus removing the g7 from consideration). The mouse will be paired with a g15 (original, blue). Thoughts? Ideas?

I would also like this mousepad very much, if anyone knows where I can get it let me know! Its not on any website and I have been searching for 30 min :(

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.ph...postcount=9949
corepad c1 xxxl
 
defiantly don't go logitech.....


lol


OMFG DUDE DID you not read the first thing it said dont do what u did oh boy your gonna get it ROFL i cant wait *sits back but gotta go get the popcorn!*
 
OMFG DUDE DID you not read the first thing it said dont do what u did oh boy your gonna get it ROFL i cant wait *sits back but gotta go get the popcorn!*
its ok i expected as much from him, i shouldn't have linked him LOL :p
 
G5 for sure. I had an MX510, then an MX518, now a G5, and it's very cool. Not going to bring up the mousepad argument here again, though :p
 
I would also have to recommend the G5 and this is coming from a G9 owner. The G5 has solid build quality and reminds me of the Intellimouse Explorer v1 that I still own. Plus the common flaking of the hand grip coating on the G9 makes it feel kind of cheap.
 
i've always liked the G5, always wanted one, but then the G7 came out... G5 FTW, but personally i would rather the G7 lol...
 
dont get a laser mouse when optical mice are cheaper and perform better.

the mx518 is perfect for you, and cheaper to boot

the G5 suffers from negative acceleration at low sensitivities. If you game at high sens then it will be fine. i went from an orange (single side button) g5 to an mx518 and damn, what a difference in ut2k4 it made for me.
 
I'd say G5 or MX518. Both are great for budget gamers. I've seen in person and played around with the MX518 at my friends house and also tested the G5 at BB. Both great mouses for the price.
 
well i got a g9 coming :). paid 55 shipped for it. i can't wait :D. should get it tmw :)
 
MX 518, because it's not like any of the mice will turn you into an overnight pro. Pair it with a SteelSeries QcK Heavy and you're set.
 
G9 + Rocketfish mouse pad on the control side and its smooth as butter. Wonder how smooth it would be on the speed side :)
 
ewiz is a good site, comparable to newegg, mwave, buy.com, etc. never had a problem with them. i love my new g9 mouse it rocks! :D
 
I own an MX815 never had a problem in the year and a half of owning it. Damn site better than the M$ mouse I had, left button switch collapsed after a month.
 
Back
Top