Which mouse is the best?

Anthem515

n00b
Which mouse is better: Logitech MX 518
Razer Diamondback

I'm taking a poll. Please respond! :p

The Razor Diamond back. Its awesome...MUCH more comfortable, as well as higher res and dpi.

However

Ive owned 4 different logitech mice...and they all still work today. My Razor mouse stopped working 5-6 months after i bought it. Maybe i got a bad one, i dont know.

Try both. They're rather different, so it's partly a matter of taste.
(I use and like an MX510 myself, but I haven't used a razer for long enough to give a fair comparisation.)

I'm not sure whats best, but I do like the MX518 as I own it and it actually has like 8 buttons, and is very comfortable, really just try them both out if possible, and decide what you like better.

I got a MX1000 recently and this thing is awesome. I've tried other wireless mouses before but this thing rocks! Its like its plugged into my computer. I've had no problems with it, the only problem is it was like $100 at Bestbuy (gift certificate).

Converge said:
The Razor Diamond back. Its awesome...MUCH more comfortable, as well as higher res and dpi.

Their technical specs are identical :/

I've upgraded from a MX510 to a Razer Diamondback Plasma Edition. I can say in my 11 years of PC gaming that this is the best mouse I've ever used... and I've used a lot of mice. It fits like a glove in my hand. I find for gaming it is more comforatable and very responsive while being extremely accurate. The on the fly sensitivity adjustment is also very useful if you feel like cranking the sensitivity up or down in the middle of the action.

The 2 mice perform almost identically so it mostly comes down to personal preference. I chose the Razer and I have no regrets, good luck with your decision.

I have tried them both and I think the 518 wins, by just a little. Couple it with a func1030 and you will actually play better at FPS games if you were coming from a crap MS mouse and old /dirty cloth pad, like I was.

Hm... Well I haven't tried the Diamondback, but I have tried the 518, so I don't know how good the Diamondback is. I just need people's opinions on it.

got my razor last night. didnt isntall the drivers just plugged it in.

its a plasma edition as well...

went from a mx800 i think (the wireless one) to this
razor is more accurate
razor is light

its actually really incredible i love it alot and i have less than an hour of gametime on it

I have a diamondback.... its served me well. I also have a 518mx... that served me well too... diamondback is lighter, better for FPS games.... 518 is more comfortable... better gaming anything else really....

If you have the hands of an 8-year old girl, the Razor might be pretty comfortable. It's way too tiny for my likes. Plus, instead of having two buttons on the left side of the mouse, they put one on each side which I really dislike.

Go to BB or where ever and try them both on for size then make your choice. I highly doubt there is any noticable difference in games, other than how comforatable you are with the feel of the mouse.

i'm actually better at MX518 than the razer Dback. if you have a big hand like me, you probably go w/ MX518 or just try both like i did.

both are good mouse, it's just personal preference.

S1nF1xx said:
If you have the hands of an 8-year old girl, the Razor might be pretty comfortable. It's way too tiny for my likes. Plus, instead of having two buttons on the left side of the mouse, they put one on each side which I really dislike.

Go to BB or where ever and try them both on for size then make your choice. I highly doubt there is any noticable difference in games, other than how comforatable you are with the feel of the mouse.
I have huge hands. I mean really freaky looking huge hands. The Razer is still better for FPS gaming even though it does feel small. That is why i would prefer using a 518 for anything else besides FPS.

Tygerwoody said:
I have huge hands. I mean really freaky looking huge hands. The Razer is still better for FPS gaming even though it does feel small. That is why i would prefer using a 518 for anything else besides FPS.

After owning a MS Inellimouse Explorer 1.0 for 4 years, I can't stand small mice. I've had trouble adapting to the mx510. It's obviously personal preference though.

There is no such thing as a best mouse. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar. There is, however, a best mouse for you. The only thing someone else's opinion about the best mouse is good for is narrowing the field down to a few different models. After that you have to see what you like the best. Even then, it's more a matter of getting used to the mouse rather than it being the best.

Furthermore, the whole DPI thing is just a sham to get you to buy something with bigger numbers. You're not going to be more accurate - they just want you to believe that and most people have. As long as your mouse is not a pile of crap you found for $0.10 at some garage sale, you should be fine. There's really no difference in performance between the top mice.

In terms of design, I find the Razor mouse to suck. I like bigger, heavier mouses and the Razor is kind of small. Also, it has the absolute worst button placement known to man.

S1nF1xx said:
After owning a MS Inellimouse Explorer 1.0 for 4 years, I can't stand small mice. I've had trouble adapting to the mx510. It's obviously personal preference though.

That just shows how different we are - I did the same transition and felt right at home with the MX510. I really like the two buttons on the same side (thumb). My eldest dauhter has small hands, "carney hands" she calls them, and she loves her Intellimouse since it's smaller.

I know some guys with big hands that like small mice, and some people with small hands that like big mice - it's really about personal preference really. What feels good in YOUR hand not what the marketing guys say. Spec wise, there really isn't much difference, and the mousing surface does make a difference too - Ioved my Ratpadz GS until it wore smooth in no time flat, and the Icemat I have know rocks. Wife and kids all have FUncpads and they like them as well. (Wife wants an Icemat tho)

Peace,
Tim

I've got an MX518 and I absolutely love it. I upgraded from the first MS Intellimouse Explorer. (the gray one w/the red light on the butt...) Anyway, I haven't tried the Razor, but it has the same specs save for the infrared eye. Every site I went to for reviews on both say you can't go wrong with either one. The only drawback to the Razor is you need their software to use the dpi adjustment on the fly. The MX518 has it built in w/no driver to install. Also, the Razor's side buttons are in a funky place. (according to the reviews) I've had no problems with the side buttons on the MX518. I DO think the Plasma edition Razor looks freakin' cool, though. The MX518 looks pretty good, but it doesn't glow from anywhere. (that you can see) I really think you'll be happy with either one.

sculelos said:
I'm not sure whats best, but I do like the MX518 as I own it and it actually has like 8 buttons, and is very comfortable, really just try them both out if possible, and decide what you like better.

Who actually uses the 8 buttons? I got one and I hate them. I liek the mx510/mx518s etra buttons but...

However the diamondback is a great mouse.

I love my MX510, and yes I use all of the buttons. The thumb one are great for "forward" and "back" in web browsing.

Last week I picked up an MX1000. I didn't think the delay when you slightly lift up the mouse would be that noticeable, but it turns out it was horrid. I returned it the next day and picked up an MX518. Fantastic mouse, but it's just a regular MX500 with the iron weight inside taken out. Of course you also have that sensitivity adjustability, but it's not that big of a deal.

Here's the best mouse.....
mac_mouse1.jpg

:p

Kidding of course.... ;)

Im liking my mx1000, with the updated drivers I don't notice any difference at all compared to other optical mice. And I love the rechargable battery.

Even though I have fairly small hands, I would rather have a bigger mouse in my hand, so I would probably go with the MX518. I'm still not sure, but I am leaning towards the MX.

HHunt said:
Try both. They're rather different, so it's partly a matter of taste.
(I use and like an MX510 myself, but I haven't used a razer for long enough to give a fair comparisation.)
perfectly said. I've had both but I don't like the logi style. love the razor!!!!

since a few are off topic I will rebuttle their findings on the MX1000. it licks ass! great for windows, not games

Back