Which motherboard should I get out of these three.

I just got done installing the Asus A8n-Premium yesterday. All I can say is that I don't think I will ever go back to Intel :D .

I would spend the extra money for the Premium over the Deluxe. The heatpipe makes a big difference if noise bothers you. MSI makes great boards (since I used those for all my Intel builds). But since I came to the darkside, it's asus all the way.

ABIT AN8 SLI or the cheaper KN8 SLI but from the 3 ...do the premium.

It also depends what you want it for... will u OC?

Just do a search and you'll probably find tons of info on each board.

I just got the regular ASUS A8N-SLI and I love it. If I needed the features on the deluxe, I would've gotten that. So I would go with the Deluxe.

Since I have worked with the entire A8N line, with the exception of the non-deluxe boards, I'll chime in.

The A8N-SLi Deluxe and Premium are virtually identical. The difference is the SLi mode selection card, and its a better overclocker. The A8N32-SLi Deluxe has a number of differences, but as far as overclocking, is a much better board. So if OC'ing is a factor, the A8N32 might be the best solution for you.

Out of the three, the A8N-SLi Premium is the best choice. MSI has had some quality issues as of late, and I wouldn't recommend going that route.

I think im leaning towards the premium but I have heard that since it uses the heatpipe design to cool the northbridge chipset all of the heat goes towards the heatsink near the processor. So people say its up to your processor heatsink and fan to disipate that heat which means I would need to get like a good Zalman fan or something because the stock fan that comes with my amd 3200 will not do the job.

Mabye I should get something like this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

picture0163pd.jpg

I'd consider looks like it'd work pretty well

Saint said:
I think im leaning towards the premium but I have heard that since it uses the heatpipe design to cool the northbridge chipset all of the heat goes towards the heatsink near the processor. So people say its up to your processor heatsink and fan to disipate that heat which means I would need to get like a good Zalman fan or something because the stock fan that comes with my amd 3200 will not do the job.

Mabye I should get something like this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

This HS is too big if you have lot of other stuff in the box. If you are not overclocking, stock HS si more than enough.

For the motherboard, I'd go with any of the Asus ones. Premium supports SATA2

I have that MSI board, I have been very happy with it. The ASUS ones are supposed to be great too, probably well off with either.

-Yaden

Whatever you do DONT get the msi board!!! otherwise the premium board is a good choice

Back