Which mobo do I have? I'm confused.

BlinD87

n00b
Ok well. I have a soyo p4s dragon ultra system. I used the bios from the p4s dragon ultra on my system and it seems that my computer temp sensors are screwy. On the motherboard monitor site it gives the sensors and what they are for. The ones for the p4s dragon ultra board arent the sensors that I have. The ones I have are from them p4s-645dx dragon ultra. I cant find my manual or box from this mobo to figure out what I have. And the only scribing on the mobo itself is p4s dragon ultra. I'm scared to just go off and flash the p4s-645dx bios onto my board incase its the wrong one. Can anyone help me?

Hi.
I´m looking at the Soyousa.com site right now n the difference between the 2 boards you mention is that the p4s-645DX has the
SIS 645 DX chipset instead then the other has the SIS 645.
The 645 DX is similar to the other but with a newer rev i guess.
In their site you´ll find both Bios.
If you still have doubts about what you have,
open the case n check the Northbridge n Southbridge chips
on the board, the 645DX board says SIS 645DX / 961B.

Hope i could help.

I searched on the board because I dont know where the chips your referring to are. But I saw one labeled 961.

The chips are the big square ones, one is the Northbridge close to
the processor n the other one is the Southbridge close to the PCI slots.
If you find SIS 645 n 961 in any of them i guess you have the p4s- dragon ultra.
Try to find aditional info in the board itself, the model is usually near
the PCI slots or between them.
You can always e-mail Soyo.

Hope i could help

I guess that means I have the dragon ultra then. Bah. So that cancels out having the wrong bios being my weird temp problem. :(

Back