• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which mobo and memory for conroe 6300?

sifulee

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
151
I'm planning on gettnig the 6300 in the next day or so. I'm shooting for a 3.2~3.4 overclock. Can someone recommend which motherboard and memory I will need to achieve this oc. I'm gonna be using a liquid cooling system.

Thanks.
 
Fry's has some Patriot PC2-5600+ DDR2 on sale for $139.99. Any thought on this memory?

Thanks again.
 
I think you need more than what you have listed to get what you want. I would say you need at least a E6400 and any 965 mobo.

The ram especially for you i would say some tight latecy ddr 677 or loose ddr800.You want to go quite a bit with your overclock and the E6300 with what week cpu get will just limit you to what your overclock you get.

If at the mo you cant afford the E6400 then i would wait until you can. I overclocked a E6300 with a P5B and some average latency XMS 667mhz and i could only get the overclock to 2760 mhz stable and you want to go much higher than what i got it to.
 
sifulee said:
Ok, is there any particular ddr 677 and 965 mobo you recommend?
XmS ones are cheap , the ddr667 and mobo, the p5b is good but has very little things on the board but the wifi edition looks the bees knees.

Whats the budget?
 
Well put my ds3 and 6300 in yesterday with corsair xms which was the wrong ram that new egg sent me i ordered 800 @ cas 4 and got cas 5 my limiting factor is the mem now so sending back monday and ordering 1000 when they get there mess straightened up.
 
Plumber4life said:
Well put my ds3 and 6300 in yesterday with corsair xms which was the wrong ram that new egg sent me i ordered 800 @ cas 4 and got cas 5 my limiting factor is the mem now so sending back monday and ordering 1000 when they get there mess straightened up.
1000 WOW, just ordered my tight ddr800 cos the last guy screwed my order up and the t#at took over three works to even do that , which was it took him three weeks to do absolutely nothing, the ram was still in the US yesterday.

I cancelled it and got it from the uk, which is perfect cos i am from the uk. Should have them for wednesday but i am still waiting for the board.
 
Back
Top